Action Figure photography w. Nikon D7100

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by MRXC, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Okay, I'm an Action Figure nerd. I have 1000's of individual pieces of Gi Joe, He-Man, Marvel, Star Wars, DC (you get the point) and I'm working on a database program for other figure collectors to use as a checklist/wishlist/comprehensive database AIO.

So I recently picked up a Nikon D7100 to capture all the figures and accessory pictures that I'm going to need. It's a robust beast of a camera & my first that would be categorized as professional. Lucky for me I have a few friends who have more experience than me who have offered to ease to learning curve, not to mention the internet is always a good resource.

In this thread I'll share some of my photographs, maybe a few thoughts on the D7100 and the things I'm learning or having issues with and hopefully over the course of this thread I'll see my program come to a functioning fruition.

After my first 'shoot' tomorrow I will upload some of the better pictures.

For those interested: I'm shooting in a photo tent w. a 3 light set-up, similar to what a photographer would do if they were shooting for a catalog.

(If at any point you think you have a suggestion that might help, I prefer to hear opinions. So feel free to discuss)

2. I am putting some photos up in a couple hours. Sorry for the delay.

3. My mom said we 'lost' all my aliens, jurassic park, beast wars, and star wars figures when we moved. And I was like 'JUST LIKE MY MAD AND CRACKED MAGAZINES???' and she just stood there with that guilty mom face