Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Acrylic or Glass

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tokin', Feb 12, 2009.

1. So I'm planning on getting my first bong and was wondering what I should get...glass or acrylic

2. Glass will cost you more but it's probably worth it. :)

3. glass, its so much more worth it.. you can taste the plant more..

4. glass is better and the smoke tastes better but also is breakable. acrylic still works fine and is much more durable. if you or friends tend to break pieces or are not careful an acrylic would be better but if not i would go with glass. if you are strapt for budget go with acrylic because if you break a glass bowl then you will have to replace it meaning $$.

5. glass for sure.

6. I don't mean to knock acrylic but glass is just so much nicer. You can do a lot more with it.

7. Get a glass piece because its good all around.

The $55-$100 price range is a great start if you can afford it. There's a lot of good quality low price bongs out on the market now and you can get a really nice piece for a great price these days.

Acrylic is cheap and effective, but you cant ever fully clean them and they don't look or feel anywhere next to as nice as an all glass on glass bong.

Just know that glass breaks super easy unless you buy a super sturdy bong (5mm) but even still better to always treat your glass with care.