Acrylic Bongs Vs. Glass Bongs

Discussion in 'General' started by sydthestoner, Jun 16, 2014.

1. I'm new here so I dont really know if im in the wrong section :cry:  But i was just wondering if acrylic bongs are still good. I love glass bongs but they are kinda expensive and i break them easily. Are acrylic bongs just as nice? Thanks! :)

2. In my eyes a bong is a bong but that changes when numerous types of percs are added which I don't think acrylic bongs have. I'm a man of high quality thick glass 7mm or higher so they are much harder to break.

Just get what you think will help you out in the long run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Get a glass for private use and keep it in your room up on a closet shelf out of the way.

Get the plastic bong for rips with your friends so if stoney butterfingers drops it all you have is a simple bong water mess.

4. this thread reminds of the graffix days.  :laughing:

5. Acrylic will get the job done. Glass is just much nicer.
    Like comparing a KIA to a Cadillac.

6. #6 organicpandemic, Jun 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2014
    DUE TO THE TERRIBLE CHEMICALS IN PLASTIC I WOULD AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS. look up BPA amongst other things.

all about glass! easy enough to make your own with a cool bottle and the right drill bits. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/15PCS-Diamond-Hole-Saw-6mm-50mm-Tile-Ceramic-Glass-Porcelain-Marble-Drill-Bits-A-/121120430973?pt=AU_Tool_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c33571b7d&_uhb=1

then down to sealing your stem in the bottle can either use a standard grommet or anything really. i use silicon cause i have loads round and its less hassle and more flexible.

7. I don't smoke out of plastic personally

8. acrylic is fine. it will smoke the exact same as one made of glass in the same shape would.

you basically sacrifice an ever so purer taste for increased durability and cheaper cost. there is a very small but noticeable taste imparted from having plastic on your mouth.

9. acrylic is ok but it fucking smells after a while. that's pretty much what turns me off about them, nothing else. glass just looks nice  :smoking:

10. they arent so bad if you clean them regularly. most people ive seen with acrylic never clean it though.

11. I have both. Personally once I went glass there was no going back.

12. i like glass pipes, there easy to clean by soaking in alchohol for a day and their compact.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Glass only fuck the rest