Acrylic bong mod(Awesome.)

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by samy109, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Basically I got one of those 12 - 14 inch acryllic bongs, that has a globe at the bottom with the plastic down stem tube, and then the normal skinny bong tube attached to this.

What I did was take the downstem tube out, drill about 20 - 40 tiny holes in it, then plug it with a rubber stopper, and voila, you have a 20 dollar bong that hits like 200 dollar glass.

It's amazing, The smoke is pure milk white, MUCH thicker before, and you barely have to pull to even get any. What do you guys think of this quick little mod?

2. Looooool I'm calling it now. This does not hit like 200 glass. Hits like 2 acrylic bongs taped together.

3. That was slightly sarcastic of COURSE as it's not glass, but yes it is probably about twice as smooth and thick now.

4. waaaay back when i was like 17-18, i had a 20" acrylic bong. had the double bubbles in the middle, but was still a straight shot. i bought a sheet of acrylic, some food grade adhesive, tubing and grommets. then i cut the bong in-between the two bubbles, gluing the piece of flat acrylic between the two. then i drilled (2) 1/4" holes in each bubble, some tubing and had a pretty sweet 20" double chamber. looked pro to, for the time.

didn't hit anywhere near a $200 piece of glass though. :cool:

5. Well of course it doesn't hit like 200 dollar glass like you've all stated but I mean it is much better than an average downstem, the smoke is a lot thicker and cooler, since it's being diffused.

6. i did something similar with some tubing and a mason jar. drilled small holes in the water tube used a small plastic stopper in the end, bubbled perfectly. was a daily piece for a while.

7. [quote name='"tobymac420"']Looooool I'm calling it now. This does not hit like 200 glass. Hits like 2 acrylic bongs taped together.[/quote]

lmao he said that