Acrylic Bong Haters???

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by charlieRILES, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Only thing I can say is I totally agree with you.... especially the part "towing a boat with a ferrari" or some lol.

2. What's the point of this thread? Acrylic bongs suck, but you have no other choice if your in a position where glass would break. Who cares what high school kids think? Is weed STILL really about who's been smoking longer, who's cooler, whos got the dankest bud? Just smoke, stop caring what other people think.

3. My friend had an acrylic bong, I hated the metal bowl cuz it always left the taste of a pop can in your mouth. The bong was fine until it got dirty, we used Iso on it and it crack into about 7 or 8 pieces. I don't dislike acrylic, I dislike the fact that its difficult to clean as opposed to glass.

4. Fuck you too bro.

5. Is your name acrylic :confused::confused::confused:

6. i hate acryilcs they suckkkk. get glass.

7. Never said it wasn't...

8. i dont got a prob with em cause an acrylic was my first peice but the metal downstem gets clogged up real easily and so does the metal peice, idk it never really hit that hard either compared to a normal glass beaker bottom.

9. If it was, you probably would've answered me with a straight "yes" :confused_2:

10. im glad that kid said something to you, its funny and hes right

11. I fully understand disliking acrylic, but I also think its a good idea for that situation. I see acrylic as a good piece for durability, but thats it. Given the choice I wouldn't ever choose acrylic, but if others want to thats fine. The only time I ever say anything is if someone has a plain acrylic bong and starts talking about how amazing it is...etc...in which case I usually just say that it probably gets the job done, but it isn't a great piece.

12. We all desire nice things.. So to me it's okay to admire a fine bong, but at the same time it's ridiculous to criticize a cheaper one. After all, the experience of being high completely dwarfs what you used to get there.

13. #33 DaDankSkunk, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011
    Doesn't matter how long you've been smoking. I think there are still better ways to smoke. This also includes design, not just what it's made of. The process of actually smoking your herb, especially with friends is always part of the expierence imo. In the dorm, a lot of new people would come to the room every now and then and pulling out the incredibowl, the mflb, or my bud's Surfer was a fun twist and AWAYS added to conversation.

I personally like to try out non-glass but very thoughtful pieces. Rather than just doing the same thing, ie glass pipes/bongs, I want to see some innovation. Although I still use glass, I like trying out things like the Hurricane bong, or a vortex gravity bong, the incredibowl, vaporizers and such you know. They're not all that expensive too, especially compared to glass.

I've been looking into the journey-pipe as of late. It's metal but reviews seem good. Seems legit.

14. isn't that what you're supposed to do? if your gonna smoke, might as well smoke like a fucking king.

15. I'm sorry but your sig was posted by me and it fits this thread Perfectly :) Stay lit man.

16. my first bong was acrylic...got a glass piece and never looked back.

17. acrylics are alright. i still got a little pulsar acrylic. gets the job done. mainly i puff on my glass.

18. what's up with all the people saying you could breathe in plastic fumes? i don't know how you light your bowl, but if you're burning plastic, you may want to calm down lol

19. Acrylic is effective as a bong it gets me high just as any other bong. Though I prefer glass with some kind of percolation.

20. I've had two acrylic bongs and loved though. They were both less than $25 and both had no carb hole. I had the one my senior year of high school and it was easy to hide and if my parents threw it away it was only $25 down the drain.

Also my favorite thing about acrylics is that you can get the interchangable bowls for like $1.50. I had like 5 different sized bowls for smoking. The one poster was right though they can be hard to clean and when I used ISO on mine it cracked the base.