Across the Universe

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Titoelbambino, Sep 11, 2009.

1. I just watched it last night... and god damn, i'll be watching it again next time i get high. It was absolutely delightful. Artistic, touching, gave me goosebumps. It was a little weird to hear the Beatles sung in a new style, but some of the adaptations were simply beautiful, like "i want to hold your hand" sung by T.V. Carpio.
    Overall, it was truly epic and it's definitely getting a spot on my list of favorite movies.
    What did you guys think of it?

2. i watched this not knowing anything about it, and it is definatly a great movie.
    nice find

3. i watched it stoned as hell... and i still have no fuckin idea what its about. but that shit frieked me out! half the time i was just like "what tha fuck is going on???" but it was strait, just really wierd.

4. I didn't like it one bit, it's just the usual love story masked by some bits where they sing Beatles songs.

To me a movie has to have a good story because that's what I'm there to follow.

5. I thought it captured the spirit of adolescence better than the usual love story. It also gives off a really strong 60's vibe. Basically it encapsulates the Beatles into one epic love story. Really half of the mysticism of the movie was wondering what song they were going to cover next, and what context they'd put it into (I want you/she's so heavy was brilliant). You had to already have a relationship with the songs to get the full effect. I thought it was a job well done. But to each his own.