Acoustic

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by MaryJaneExpress, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Getting my first acoustic guitar soon, any recommendations ?
    Im thinking about getting the Yamaha F310 :D

2. Hey man I picked up my first of many guitars (an Epiphone Hummingbird Artist) about 6 months ago. Have been playing it when I can on and off, teaching myself to play the guitar in my spare time.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/314iOgIgJrL.jpg

The best recommendation I can give you on a guitar is mainly things:

1. Pick it up and play it, if it doesn't feel, sound, or flow right in your hands, don't buy it. Your hands and body will pick a guitar PERFECT for you, just go try a couple. It took me a couple weeks to get used to that Epiphone, it's a little bigger, wider, etc. and it just doesn't have an EXACT sound that rings to my ears.

2. Now a buddy of mine picked up a Classical - Acoustic Ibanez about the same time I got that; and let me tell you it's easier to learn and play on one of those. Nylon strings, they CLEARLY have a bigger gap between each string, the string are noticeably easier on the fingers for a starting guitarist, as well as you learn to play a lot of older styles on that much easier (blues, spanish guitar, etc.) which all add extra spice to an acoustic, and if you can play full acoustic and not blues then you are just fail. Blues is a fundamental step in learning to play acoustic.

It's up to you, but I'd follow the first one for sure. Don't buy it unless it feels 100% right in your hands.