Acoustic Cover I Did (EDIT: Old Man by Neil Young)

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by AR Toasty, Nov 11, 2012.

1. If you need some help with your quality, I did mixing and mastering for 4 years as a hobbie. Feel free to hit me up, if you want.

2. what tuning did you use for skinny love??

3. your really good btw ..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMGfJfSYXcs&feature=plcp]Go Easy on Me - John Mayer (acoustic cover) - YouTube[/ame]

if you got the time check out my shit let me know

4. tbh it sounded like he had a 12 string on skinny love. at least i thought so. my ears dont hear very well hahaha

5. CGEGCc - bit of an off tuning. It's a hassle, and when I play it during a set I'll usually just keep it standard tuning with a capo on 5 - leaving the high e open.
    C tunings are popular on 12-strings, coupled with the open e that I hit every strum... your ear isn't as bad you might think, Kief :laughing:

And David, you posted that not too long ago, didn't you? I'm pretty sure I gave some feedback in whatever thread that was. I listened to your other stuff this time - not bad. Your playing is alright, your vocals are very flat. You've gotten better between your first and most recent video, for sure though. Your cadence kind of reminds me of Bob Dylan at times.

6. #26 AR Toasty, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2020

Because I'm fishing for a reason to shamelessly bump this thread, here's an original I recorded quite a while ago and wrote a definite while ago.

Cheers for any listens.

7. for an original song thats reeeaaallllyy good man. i love that a lot.
    i love how you record.
    haha i wish you could see how ghetto my recording set up is.

8. The recording on that one was actually done by my buddy, who also records for our band. I know nothing about that stuff.

My personal recording quality depends on which room I'm doing it in, and which handheld device I'm pushing the red button on. Example: one of my best performances, sounds like it was recorded with a fucking potato.

https://soundcloud.com/super_andy/i-cant-make-you-love-me-cover

If anybody listens to that, which I'll just link to discourage ear bleeding, turn down your volume all the way.

All the same, thanks a lot man.

9. I went to a neil young concert with my dad when i was i kid, very powerful experience! A true living legend.
    Really nice cover

10. fucking christ on a stick i love the flexability of your voice man. that shit is beautiful as hell.
    its perfect with the slow melody of the guitar.
    its still a good raw recording regardless of the volume levels. shit is awesome.

i def love it

11. Cheers, fellas. Good vibes to you both :smoking:

12. holy fuck you're a great singer

13. Cover an Anthony Green song op!!

14. Thanks, mate.

I've never even heard of Anthony Green, but I'll check him out fo' sho'.

15. ooh man, dropped another hit on us!!
    i really liked that cover dude! youve got something going for yourself for sure.

you have one of the best singing voices i have ever heard man. i can hear your accent come through this one haha

proper job mate

16. I think most of my posts in this thread have been thanking you for your listens and support :laughing:

Thanks a heap, mate. I really do appreciate the feedback, and I'm very glad you like it. The accent does shine through on this one... bitchez love the accent.

proper job? You could pass for being more English than me with words like that. :p

17. You're really good dude. Subbed.
    You should throw up a youtube channel, maybe get a nice mic & cam. Views would be flowin in

18. Thanks dood.

I've thought about doing videos before, but I've never owned a camera and have never been dedicated enough to invest. But thanks for thinkin' I'd do well at it :D

19. I wish I could change the title of this thread. This isn't an acoustic cover, it's the most recent recording done by my band.

It's surf/pop, so cheesy by nature. We debuted this during our New Year's Eve gig.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/super_andy/the-reefraffs-have-a-blast[/soundcloud]