ACORN Urges Civil Disobediance In Resisting Forclosures

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TLF1088, Feb 20, 2009.

1. [​IMG]
    \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\tACORN Urges Civil Disobediance In Resisting Forclosures
    \t\t\t\t\t\t At what point did owning a home become a Constitutional right in this country? Apparently there are some, or actually I should say many, Americans who believe they have a fundamental right to owning a home, regardless of whether or not they can afford to make payments on it.

ACORN has urged those who have received notice of foreclosure to refuse to leave their home on the day of eviction. They have called people to quickly assemble volunteers to protest at their (or should I say the bank's) home. Some type of sit-in in which the local sheriff will be forced to make a large arrest and these poor, poor individuals will garner media attention for their "plight."

I'm sorry, I must be missing something here. Does it not cost money to stay in a hotel? Does it not cost money to rent an apartment? If you don't pay for your hotel room you get kicked out. If you don't pay for your apartment you get kicked out. So why should you not get kicked out of you house for non-payment?

I know what some of you are going to say. Blame the banks. Why did they give out these loans when they knew people wouldn't be able to afford them.

I'll counter that with two things. First of all, there use to be something called "personal responsibility." Our society has forgotten the meaning of this word however. Everybody else should be taking care of and looking out for us.

Secondly, guess who broke the housing market? It wasn't the banks. It was the United States government. Yes, that government that everyone constantly relies on for their unfailing wisdom, and whom we all look upon without question caused this problem.

Community Reinvestment Act was passed to force banks to give loans to those who did not qualify or face severe penalties. In 1995 the Clinton administration pushed out a few more regulations, further escalating the problem.

Don't worry though folks. Just sit back and relax. Let the government try to "fix" the mess they got us into. I'm sure they'll get it right this time......right?

2. One word: Sustainability.

That's why I have zero financial worries right now.

I like your post though, it was interesting

3. Right...

4. The banks can't afford them either.. I'd say the residents have just as much right to the property.

In the end its the federal reserve and our debt that's paying for it.

5. As someone said in another thread, "Life, Liberty, and property"

6. As that quote implies, statism (to protect your inalienable rights).