Acne

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by GreenSkulltula, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Try drinking a ton of water, apparently that's suppose to help! Maybe take more showers and wash your face a little more frequently!

2. Watch the American Psycho morning routine scene, works like a charm

When You Smoke Enjoy Nature â–¡â–¡â– â–¡â–¡

3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGeAMVK75T4

4. Hmm since summer I have been having some minor acne on my forehead. I started up the green drinks again and it cleared up in a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I have struggled with acne since I graduated high school. Before that, I could count on one hand how many breakouts I had.

I have a medical condition that wrecks my hormones so its no surprise. I'm just so incredibly sick of it. I am 24 now and its infuriating walking around like someone slung marinara sauce all over my face.

I have been trying organic, raw honey lately as a mask after I have washed my face. Also, wash twice a day and moisurize. Exfoliating once or twice a week will also help.

I am still battling the acne but I went to the doctor and as soon as I start taking my meds, my face SHOULD clear up a bit. We shall see.

Sent from my SCH-I200PP using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I hade the worst acne all the way for 7th grade to sophomore year until I went to a dermatologist. She gave my some acne meds that you put on day & night. The day one is acanya and the night one is differin. She also recommended using cetaphil dermacontrol oil control foam wash and moisturizer. I'm happy with my face now 😌 ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398616472.543480.jpg

7. I used to have the same problem my friend.. This is definitely worth a try (works for a lot of people)

-shower in hot water and rinse hot water on your face to open up the pores.

-rub in apple cider vinegar to acne affected parts (face/body)

-dry off and make sure to moisturize after, or else your face will dry up bad.

8. #28 Anything surprise me, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
    You can avoid this and avoid that but at the end of the day some people are just genetically prone to it, sure limiting certain things can reduce or control it but never cure it.

Personally only got a pimple on my face maybe once every 2-3 months, but I had them frequently on my back which hurt and going to the gym exacerbated my situation so I gave in and went on accutane(isotretinoin) for a few months.

9. I feel you on the acutane, it cleared up my cystic acne back in middle school and early highschool, but I became a wreck in so many ways. I had always been the cool kid who played sports and was active, then about two months after I started the stuff I dropped down to a nobody and didn't give a shit about anything or anyone

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Aah, man. I feel your pain. Seriously. I used to have so much acne.. The thing that helped for me was a treatment called isotretonoin. It litterally took every single pimple away. It's kinda strong though and does have some nasty side-effects for some people. I was lucky, and didn't experience one single side-effect. 

11. Ive struggled with acne for over 14 years. First got terrible cystic acne when i was 12. Went on roaccutane, which destroyed me emotionally but cleared my acne up. Ive since spent years battling with on and off acne.

Started seeing a naturopath a year ago who has put me on an organic skin care range - janesce. We've removed gluten and processed foods, and limited dairy 3 times and reintroduced it, and it appears gluten (and processed foods) cause my skin to flare up. I also started taking B vitmains and zinc daily, along with starting my day with juice of half a lemon in warm water. At the end of the day i eat a spoonful of sauerkraut. So much research into gut health has proven to improve skin problems.

Following this routine my eczema has cleared up too. I used to scoff at people who said diet can cause acne... now im learning to heal my outside by looking after my insides.

As for diet - i eat a tonne of veges, chicken, salmon, nuts, seeds, fruit and take an oil with lots of omegas.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I drink so much water and I still have some acne.

great advice.

there is a fair amount of research between gut health and mental and physical well being. http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=gut+health+brain

not to say that a person who has acne is not healthy by standard measures. simply something is off-balance.. or the immune system is overloaded with the task of clearing out toxins rather than spending its time to work against the other bacteria.

our skin is just a reflection of whatever is going on on the inside. 

14. #34 forty winks, May 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2014
    Check out dandelion root and burdock

http://www.anniesremedy.com/herb_detail92.php

Do your own research, talk to your doctor, etc. etc., and if you think it's for you, the tincture is very easy to make at home or you can purchase ready made.

15. Stop masturbating for about three weeks, works for me

Sent from my SM-G730V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Totally agree. Unfortunately for some people, simply "drinking more water" or "washing your face more" will not help at all. Like you said, there is something inside that isn't quite right.

I have only recently accepted the fact that I will have acne for life, I just have to learn to control it.

17. Same here ... I had it bad in high school fucked my social life all up.. Finally doctor prescribed something worth a shit, Acutane. Was somewhat of a nightmare for 2-3 months but afterwards worth it. Been 5 years completely acne free.

Before I had tried everything in the books and under the sun, nothing worked. I believe doctor said Acutane was a last ditch effort, the medicine can be dangerous but I'll be damned if it didn't work miracles. If you can, screw everything else all that bullshit proactiv waste of money shit, go see a doc and ask specifically for Acutane. It will work I promise. But it will be hell for the first couple months.

I know how awful it is to have it, really kills self esteem. Do yourself a favor, go find Acutane and don't stop using it till your face is smooth as a baby's ass.

-Peace

18. Take Omega-3 fish oil pills, multi vitamins. Drink a lot of water, 6 cups a day and most importantly stop mastubating. Mastubating floods your system with hormones and causes more acne also workout that really helps and will help your mood 

19. In my experience proactive and all those products never work. They just make it worse in my opinion. Cutting out sugars/fast foods/pop will help and drink lots of water

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum