Acne

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by GreenSkulltula, Mar 19, 2014.

1. My face is fucking coated in that shit. And nothing helps. I've tried so many fucking treatments its insane. Any of you blades ever had a bad acne problem? What helped you?

2. Never had a big acne problem but I defintely have had some outbreaks here and there. Try to shower twice a day and wash your face while your in the shower with clearasil. Then before you go to bed put some sort of topical treatment that contains benzoyl peroxide on your face. Also, what I've noticed to help the most is to drink more water. If you drink a lot of sugary drinks, maybe cut them out for a week and just drink water. Hope I helped at least a little bit. 

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Diet and exercise are going to be numbers 1 and 2 for getting rid of your acne. 3 would be using those god awful man-made poisons for clearing up skin. And number 4 goes to your body maturing and hopefully taking care of most of the acne itself.

4. Try to cut dairy and fast food out of your diet as much as possible.

Eat plenty of fruits, berries, veggies. Stay hydrated.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I used to have pretty bad hormonal based acne and used Acutane to clear it up, used it for a month and to this day its worked miracles to keep my face virtually acne free 4 years later but the side effects of that shit look almost as bad as chemotherapy.

6. My face cleared up soooo fucking much when i cut out lots of sugars from my diet, especially soda... Once i started drinking lots of water... man.... i rarely break out now! Sugary shit really irritates my face (hormone related acne).. i tried so many antibiotics/bullshit like that and it was only a "temporary" fix. Acne is something that needs to be dealt from the inside out! good luck man..

7. Honestly there's only so much you can do, alot of it will be down to hormones. 

Best thing to do is make sure you drink plenty of water and wash regularly. 

8. #9 All Night Smoker, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014
    I know how you feel OP, and it is a fucking terrible feeling. I had acne since I was 11, and it got BAD in my mid-teens, I was always broken out and very self-conscious and insecure about.
    Diet is so important, if you are fueling your body with processed crap, what are you going to look like? That's right, processed crap!! :hello: Eat as clean and green as possible, lean protein, whole grain carbs, tons of fruit and veggies, and WATER. Aim for a gallon a day, if you don't already and I guarantee it will help. 
    Next is products.... a skin care regimen is not optional if you want your skin to get better, it's necessary. Be prepared to shell out some money here, there's honestly no way around that unless you get lucky and find something that works for you, and is not priced like most acne products. Proactiv is the only thing that ever made a huge difference for me, I am now acne free thanks to it, and strongly recommend it if you haven't tried it yet. You really need to stick with it tho, give it three months, your skin needs that long to get used to it and do its healing thing, then you should be able to tell if its helping. Best of luck, stay strong brother

fuck that's long, hope it made sense.... oh well I'm high bitches  :smoke:

9. I recently started a self trial with vitamin d and all the bumps on my upper arms are gone. It wouldn't hurt to read up on vitamins in correlation with acne and compare your diet to the supposed intakes you should have. Evaluate and see if you can better your diet or if necessary start supplementing with good supplements, not that cheap bodybuilding bukkshit.

10. I know exactly what you mean. Dealt with it since preteen years and even now it's sometimes a pain in the ass still. I'm pretty sure I tried every damn drugstore and prescribed topical and pills, I also ate so healthy and balanced. The only thing that worked was accutane like someone else mentioned above. Yes, it is really bad on your body but nothing will work as good.

11. #12 The Kid With Stars, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
    Apple cider vinegar cures it all man (drinking it).

12. Lol acne, I never had any.

13. [​IMG]

14. Thank you! Thank you! You're too kind!

15. Even I was having same problem then i reduced intake of oily and fatty stuff, secondly I never allowed to accumulated any oil and dust on my face this hepl me alot

16. My acne used to be very bad too... I went to a dermatologist and was prescribed Epiduo and Aczone. Both of the lotions helped clear my face in only a few months, and my face is almost clear today. I still get a few pimples here and there, but that's about it

17. I use oil free acne wash cream cleanser from neutrogenia. It comes in an orange squeeze bottle. Get the 6.7 fluid ounces kind. Neutrogena also makes another acne treatment that also comes in an orange bottle it's smaller and has scrubbing beads in it. Despite the scrubbing beads, this acne treatment stuff does not work as well. The cream cleanser has worked very very well for me though.

18. Research saw palmetto for acne. You might want to also take a probiotic. Get some exercise and drink a lot of water. Good luck I know acne sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. Medicated coconut oil + multiple other essential oils.

I usually use reclaim or decarb'd hash oil mixed with the coconut oil, works amazingly well