Acne

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Viral Frog, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Toxic to the liver? Yes. Alcohol is toxic to the liver. So is tylenol. The point is if someone is healthy and takes a moderate dose of accutane for a short amount of time one would most likely be fine. A blood test is done before and monthly as well. The liver is probably the most resilient organ in the body. One that is able to heal it self other than skin it self.

Have you ever personally had severe cystic acne and tried many different ways? Otc products, all the different tri and cillin antibiotics, natural remedies etc?

Have you ever taken accutane and felt it's side effects? Did you personally get jaundice or despression from it?

Did you know many of the side effects people claimed happened like 10-20 years after? Most likely to make money. Sure some might have happened because of accutane but in those circumstances the persons could have just been predisposed to em.

I'm not saying take accutane if you have a few zits on your face. I'm talking about nodules all over your face or clustered in a certain area. As most acne sufferers know, that it self causes depression. /end

i think he was saying that it isn't worth the risk of using that drug since it only treats a symptom and not the underlying cause

if you could holistically heal the underlying problem, there is no reason to settle for a worse solution that has health risks.

3. I understand.

He made it seem so that all acne can be treated with simple methods. It is more complicated than taking vitamins or using otc products. Especially cystic acne

4. Good suggestions ya'll.
    I definitely need to work on staying hydrated.
    As far as diet, I have a very well balanced diet. I don't buy junk food, soda, or energy drinks.
    As far as accutane goes... no thanks. I don't trust prescription medication unless it's MMJ.
    As far as touching my face, I rarely do. I'm sure there's times I do it without realizing, but other than that, I'm mindful not to.
    I'm going to try the vitamin a, water, and vitamin d ideas.
    I'm a patient person, I can wait a few months for results.

Ps: Most facial cleansers I've tried have been certified organics. I don't like the chemical crap found in most stores

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Sent from my LG-LS970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. maye it's the weather...like maybe it's making your face too dry or too oily from the moisture in the air? if it's too dry find a moisturizer. if it's too oily it could be you are using to little or too much soap. maybe try finding some type of special cleanser.

also exfoliating helps a lot because it helps turn-over the cells faster to scrub off the old cells and let the trapped acne bacteria out. find some type of exfoliater thing u can use on ur face, they probably have cheap options just at a store like walmart or target where they sell the shower stuff. or get a mini loofa to scrub just face maybe.

7. #27 well highdrated, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
    you can fix your skin problems by changing your food intake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMnparqmJ5I#t=0

... also use tea tree oil on really bad red bumps. it will dry them up, but might hurt a little. (it also has pretty strong smell).
    try this soap: http://www.joesoefskincare.com/sulfur-soap.html 
    i've had great results with it.

you should try everything including dosing with vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid ... google), before you attempt to make things worse by taking heavy prescription drugs. you need to heal from the inside out.
    most creams, washes and drugs will only treat the symptoms (as is the issue with most modern medicine. it doesn't attack the root cause of the problem). 

p.s. some people report good results by eating (or even applying) coconut butter (unrefined, organic, raw, unfiltered). for me things got worse, which sometimes the case... they often say that it gets worse due to detox, but i couldn't wait weeks for my skin to get even worse, before it gets better. your mileage may vary.