Acne

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Dr.Weed, Jan 19, 2013.

1. I didnt really know where else to post this. So im gunna post it here.

Im in my 20s now and I STILL GET ACNE. It pisses me off, which probably doesnt make it any better. I dont get it, I eat healthy, exercise and use a body and face wash. Just doesnt make sense to me and google hasnt really helped me at all. Thought maybe you guys might have something to say about it, thanks.

2. Insulin spikes and overall liver toxicity are the causes of acne. Wheat (insulin spikes) and dairy (hormonal liver dysfunction) are the main culprits that you probably consume daily.

3. hmm, I do like my cereal in the morning. And i drink milk ocasionally. And i eat pasta a decent amount too. I guess thats why?

4. Just relax man, it can't be that bad. Just keep washing your face every day. Put a benzoyl peroxide acne cream on your face when you go to bed and wash in the morning. Drink more water. That's really the key. Drinking water is one of the best things you can do for your body. If you don't notice results in the future you could go see a dermatologist and get some sort of pill. My friend had terrible acne in middle school and then began taking acutane and now his face is so clear it makes mine look like a pizza face and I'm not even that bad. hang in there man, best of luck.

5. I already drink tons of water, its pretty much the only liquid I drink aside from alcohol occasionally. Never heard of benzoyl peroxide acne cream before. Maybe ill try that out, thanks.

6. Try cutting dairy out of your diet, a lot of people are allergic and don't even realize until they stop using dairy and their skin clears up instantly. If this doesn't work try cutting out other foods you eat on a daily basis one at a time to see if it's any of those products. Other causes are stress, or try washing your pillow case, and a lot of cleansers actually can cause acne themselves so try other products that might work better. Good luck man that sounds terrible I'm almost 20 and my acne has finally stopped appearing in just the last year, although if I don't shower for a couple days I will get it.

7. I had really bad acne then I started using maracuja oil and I saw instant results. I also use sunscreen everyday, I noticed the sun would make me break out too.

8. If you're eating wheat, pasteurized dairy and pasta, you're not eating healthy. Hate to disillusion you.

9. im 22 and still have some acne too. =/

10. did u go to doctor? he will give u scrips for that shit and it works too

11. proactive, stuff works use it everynight, takes about 2-3 weeks to kick in, get a good moisturizer cause it drys the shit out of your face, yeah its expensive but you gotta pay to play, and change your pillow cases every other night dead skin cells and bacteria build up on them and clog your pores so use one side flip it over use the other than change your pillow case.

12. That, and the chemicals that are in those "acne washes" that people use.

Stop using them.

Start using a mild, all natural cleanser (like Dr. Bronners) and a natural moisturizer and I guarantee your acne will go away.

13. Benzoyl Peroxide (the ingredient in Proactiv) dries skin out, irritates it and AGES YOU PREMATURELY.

I'm sure you've heard of "antioxidants" - well Proactiv is the opposite, it's an oxidant or a pro-oxidant. It oxidizes your skin.

14. Alright well thanks guys. No i havnt gone to the doctor yet, I use dove for men soap on my body and face. Yeah I guess i am not eating healthy then, smoking weed really doesnt help eating well lol. What healthy foods do you guys eat? I already eat salad and fruit and vegatables n stuff.

15. That first link really makes sense, my dad has diabetes and I never really liked eating fish and seafood, only recently have I been having salmon on a rare occasion.

16. ugh, antioxidants are basically molecules that protects your body from free radicals of oxygen.. idk i dont feel like explaining. watch this:

Oxygen is Killing You - YouTube

ps. i do agree with your point not to use that shit haha

17. These topics are great for showing the TRUE intelligence of people. :D

#1-- "Acne" is a broad term. You could have any number of ailments or infections causing it. Picture it as a boil, virtually the SAME exact thing, regardless of the cause.

When it boils down to it (lol see what i did there?), It's simply a skin infection.

A simple dosage of antibiotics generally cures acne in ALL its forms.

(Especially Rosacea)...

You likely simply have a species of bacteria in your body causing it.

No amount of soap or salicylic acid will rid you of bacteria :)

Go see a doctor or dermatologist, this cured my acne. :)

Dairy? :rolleyes:

18. Yeah I think im just gunna cut dairy out of my diet, eat more fish and go see a doctor, thanks guys

19. All good except for the dairy bit. :D