ACInfinity S6 or T6 / Fan discussion

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by RustyRuckus, Feb 21, 2020.

1. #1 RustyRuckus, Feb 21, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Hey there everyone, I'm looking to pick myself up a fan for my 4x4x6.5

Have a few questions and looking for some input. It seems everyone thinks AC Infinity fans are the top tier fan to get. (Feel free to correct this if it's not true)

Does the T6/S6 have enough CFM for a tent that size?

In a tent of that size, is it worth getting the T6 (that has temp and humidity control) or the S6 fan? As far as I can tell the fan will have to be on 24/7 to keep negative air pressure in tent either way. Although the humidity and temp sensor seems very fancy at first, I'm just not sure how helpful it would actually be.

I read a review that said the problem with the T6 is that it will get stuck in a loop of constantly gearing up and down when it's hovering near the temp it's supposed to be at. It will turn on higher power, get cooler, enough to be 1 degree out of the range, then it gears down, and 5mins later it goes up one degree in the tent and then gears back up again to cool it that one degree. Obviously that's basically what it's supposed to do, but the person described the fan gearing up and down endlessly to the point where it was a little too finicky and that it wouldve been better if it stayed on high power, cools it a few degrees below the limit and then gears down so there is a bit of a buffer.

TL;DR
    Anyways, if money is no issue, would YOU rather pick up a T6 or S6 for your 4x4x6.5. I have enough money to pick up either. Just wondering if the T6 is even 'worth it' or is unecessary.

If controlling the smell of a room is a key concern, is it counter intuative to use the temp and humidity controls as the fan will slow down occasionally?

2. Definitely get the T series. Holding those values is what it does best. Lol It uses pwm (pulse width modulation) to change the fan speed and this makes them very quiet while it goes up and down. I'm going to stop and just say

I can't say enough about this type of setup. I call it the missing piece of my grow and I didn't even know it was missing anything. The ability to run and hold a vpd chart is valuable. Spend the extra $30 if you don't like it you can run it without and you'll have a nice temp humidity gauge outside the tent to look at..

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. What do you mean by this? What is a vpd chart? And nice point about the guage being able to be outside for use.

4. Vapor pressure deficit =vpd it's the optimal temperature and humidity for plant growth. The Ultimate Vapor Pressure Deficit (VPD) Guide - Pulse

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Thanks, gave it a quick glance and I kinda get the jist of it, will read it all later. Just curious what's the leaf offset in the calculator? Do you use that or do you just aim for the ideal temp / humidties as displayed in the chart?

6. Most of those charts use a 5°-6° offset.
    The chart I linked is customizable to your conditions