acid trip

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by ChappedLips, Jan 13, 2007.

1. What's a good playlist for a first time acid trip?:D

2. For me it's Floyd, either the WALL or echoes. Depends how many tabs you take tho.

3. Not The Wall or Echoes (the song echoes ya, but not the album) Ummagumma is by far their trippiest album, trippiest song being Several Species of Small Fury Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict (exactly what it sounds like) Followed in a distant second by Atom Heart Mother, trippiest song on that one is Alans Psychadellic Breakfast. Its a shame not too many people know old school Floyd. Dark Side of the Moon was not their first album people! They had 8 of em before that!

4. Well I could have said Aphex twin, digiridosong, live at Cornwall 91.

5. Just downloaded some of their shit, Ive never heard of them. I usually dont like techno type music, but this is pretty good, deffinately some trippy shit, thanks.

Any other songs youd reccommend by them?

6. Anoluge (like i always say spelling) bubble bath.

7. pink floyd the dark side of the moon, jimi hendrix anything, led zepplin ( put it on shuffle) i used to like edie brickell also :rolleyes:

trip your ass off and report back to us !!!

8. You said it!! I like "Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun" as well as "A Saucerful Of Secrets". "Grantchester Meadows" is also good, but I forget as to whether or not that is Ummagumma.

9. I think listening to some jam bands would be pretty sweet. get a live disk set and you could play them through. but that is if you like jam bands. string cheese incident is kind of trippy. i havent ate acid yet so i dont really know. but i plan on doing it soon. im just guessing cause i went to a music festival and acid was a pretty popular thing there.

10. Ya those are all on Ummagumma, but Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun and A Saucerful of Secrets, were both originally on A Saucerful of Secrets a year earlier in 1968.

11. We watched Yellow Submarine during the trip. Absolutely crazy.