Acid reflux and anxiety in the morning.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by zenmasta, Apr 2, 2017.

1. So every morning I wake up with bad anxiety right away. Literally as soon as I wake up. And my acid reflux is already bad in the morning. So my anxiety stirs that acidity around and I throw up multiple times everyday. I take priolsec otc every morning. I've been taking that for years so it doesn't help nearly as much as it used to. When I smoke it makes it so much better. I can actually eat and enjoy my morning coffee without it coming back up. But I don't know what to do about work. I don't like smoking a lot before work. Any suggestions

2. if you have insurance seek help you need to find why its happening

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. You should get into meditation, or get some exercise. See... the problem is... 'Murica be too stressed out and doesn't take measures to counteract it, pot can only do so much for chronic stress.

Meditation is a lot easier than it sounds, just breathing deeply. Start with 10 minutes, if you feel you could do more do 30, and if that still isn't enough for you do one hour. It's not time consuming as one would think, I do it for an hour before I go to bed, some like to do it when they wake up, either way it'll make you as cool as a cucumber after a while.

Exercise, needless to say... 'Muricans don't get enough exercise. No, I don't expect you to go and run a 5K, or pay for an expensive gym membership, but do go for daily walks! Walking is a great, low impact exercise and taking a stroll for an hour is a great way to burn off some of that stress!

4. Some say start your day with a warm cup of lemon water. Google it and see what you think.

5. #5 robba42O, Apr 2, 2017
    Last edited: May 27, 2017

• Like Like x 1
  6. from your own report it sounds like prilosec otc is fuckin up your gastrointestinal system. maybe. :coffee:

7. I would bet money you have sleep apnia and you wake into anxiety because your bony is starved of oxygen. I only say this because my wife has the very same issue. Case in point, she snores like a fucking lumber jack at times. You snore at all by chance? Regardless go talk to a health care professional about it all and get into a sleep study if you haven't allready. Hope shit gets squared away for ya broski....

8. I have anxiety. I also HAD super bad acid reflux, I would seriously go through the tall tubs of tums, 1x a week, it was horrible, I got so many cavities from the sugar in them and even put on quite a bit of weight, it does add up.

One thing I did was change up my diet, number one. For me, toast and eggs is the worst producer of heart burn, if I have that and nothing else, I will have insane heart burn, but without eating any fast food or any of that shit, I literally do not get it. The miracle food for me, in this context that helped me cure my anxiety AND my acid reflux was greek yogurt; greek yogurt helps with anxiety and it is a good supplement for your diet to get away from those reflux inducing foods. Also figure out what is giving you reflux, because it is probably something in your diet.