Acid (LSD) vs Shrooms...

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Omioblivion, Feb 4, 2009.

1. I would like to know the differences vs the two, the power of the highs between both.

which would you consider "better", also which are better to start out with and which have better results and worth the money.

also any insight at at would be great.:D

2. acid > shrooms

the mush is fun...but sometimes gets too hectic (too emotional and mental for me) sometimes. acid is just.....awesome. never had a bad trip, always a fun and enlightening time

it really doesnt matter what you start out with. i used to think that you should try shrooms before acid, but now i almost think the opposite. to me, acid is much easier to handle, a lot harder for it to go bad compared to a shroom trip. mushrooms can be unpredictable sometimes, as with acid its just usually a good time

3. You do acid.

Shrooms do you.

4. I liked the acid experience a little better, but both are really good. Acid lasts a little longer too.

5. interesting....

6. acid is more like a cartoon-like high, where everything seems new to you for the very first time. more convincing visuals, too

shrooms is more like an intense emotional and spiritual experience with more swirling and mind bending thinking so to speak

7. Also would it be fine to do one hit of acid alone and just chill?

8. ive done it. id do it again.

9. Too me mushrooms make me trip harder and very spiritual buzz.

Acid is just the opposite. A lot of it is bunk, or not pure LSD. It is rare to find good LSD frequently I think. If you do, it is a decent trip but too long and the next day I feel like shit. From mushrooms I feel fine the next day.

Thats my opinion you guys are entitled to your own

10. #10 Dualified, Feb 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2009
    great question. couple months ago i fried off of one legit hit and was out with my friends all night until about 11. funnily enough, i didn't start seeing things until right before i went home and got home tripping out. i popped in the dark knight and hit a bowl and i was chillin. (dark knight is VERY trippy, i remember the jokers face turning green and melting while he was talking about what makes something a freak) but be prepared for this though, acid makes you want to sit there and think, you will think about EVERYTHING, you will think about things that you never thought you would think about and you will gain a new and different perspective on everything. i was okay, but it depends on how your mind works and how used to being alone you are (if that makes sense)

edit: take a walk too

11. in my sig and that sounds legit. makes alot of sense too lol

shrooms man handle you and acid is only heightening what you can already notice

12. They say something like with shrooms your in the passenger seat and with acid you are driving. And I completely agree. My LSD trips are always very clear, amazing, and very visual experience. But I feel like I can control the trip very easily with my thoughts, like making the trip half intensity, turning down or even off, and bringing it back to full blown. Lsd is my favorite drug and all of my trips have been bliss.

Shrooms are different for me. Very poweful substance. Ive had a lot of intense chaotic trips that are hard to deal with. My 1st trip was my only truly euphoric amazing experience. Shrooms are crazy, but fun when your in the mood. Just be ready for a crazy mindfuck and a bunch of crazy visuals. You choose for yourself, I like Lsd for recreational uses a lot more.

13. #13 elevatedgaze, Feb 4, 2009
    I agree, The hardest I have ever tripped was from around 4 grams of shrooms.

Story Time!
    Me and my best friend were sitting in his car (both had eaten around 4 grams) outside of his house in his court, and we were smoking a bowl. I remember not being able to do it, for some reason I wasnt able to time my inhaling, lighting the lighter, and putting it up to the bowl correctly. It was the strangest thing. Right then my friend had the bowl, didnt even hit it, flicked his square out the window, and said "lets go". It was weird to me that he was so adamant that we go inside. Well, inside, i layed on his couch, and for about two hours, could not even lift my head. Everytime I opened my eyes. Every geometric shape in vision was spining and breathing intensely. Everytime I looked at my body, peace signs would cover it, and it would melt. So weird. The worst part of the trip though, and the reason I havent eaten that many shrooms again was, there was a span of about 5 minutes where I was struggling to breathe. I don't know why, but thats what happened, and it still haunts me to this day when I think about shrooming.

Anyway, My friend is more experienced with mushrooms than I am, and he said he was feeling the intense trip come on and wanted to get inside the house before we assed out in the car for two hours, hahaha. I really loved the intense visuals, but some of things I saw in my head, and thought about that night, still scare me today.

EDIT: And oh yeah..... Go out and dance with lucy, don't fight with psylociben(sp)

14. if you haven't taken a psychadelic, i don't reccomend taking it alone. itd be good to have someone else with you, if they're tripping or not, but sometimes people who arent tripping when you are send off bad vibes and ruin trips.. but if it were weak to mild acid, and you just kind of get giggly and get a body high, just watching adult swim and toking a bowl or two doesn't sound like a half bad idea... you should be able to control yourself though.

i took tons of acid that gave me a body high and was kinda bunk, but eventually finally got acid that made me hallucinate. it was great acid, just watched 2001: a space odyssey and went to summer school the next day.

i tripped three times off of shrooms, all 2 grams. the first time was my first time tripping off of anything and just smoking weed/drinking. i was excited and having a good time but when they started to peak it kind of fucked with me, made me feel really guilty about fucking up in school and led all this shit to rain down and me and kind of gave me a freak out, but after i calmed down in lik 10 minutes we went to the mall and it was fucking awesome. a mall policeman walked past us while we were in spencer's and we all were talking and suddenly went dead silent as he passed and then just geek'd out. drove home coming down, and were gonna purchase more since we all came down, but i thought i lost my 100 bill at the mall, coz i showed up and had no money and couldnt find it. a few days later when i was sober though i found it under the seat! turns out that it was good not buying them, though, cause i guess you dont trip as hard when you eat them after youve come down or if its like the day after you already tripped. was a great time though, minus the minor freakout.

the next time i took them, i didnt even really get to chill and ish, i ate em and drove around with kids i never met and doubt ill ever see again to get some acid and take them to a party and all this bullshit. i didnt get to enjoy it, but i knew i was tripping, but i could control it easily, i drove around and kept my shit, but hotbox'd a blunt(retarded), then stopped at home for like no reason, it was like to grab a cd and i thought i wouldnt smell, and just got caught by my parents, but talked to them and then still left and went to stay at a kids house.

most recently it was summer and i ate 2 grams of some kind of bad booms, nowhere near quality i had prior, but sat out in the sun on friends deck and tripped out at the floorboards, went home and took a shower(intense) and went to a baseball game with my dad. was acting fucked up though, even though i had mostly come down.

both are great, it depends more on who you are and what you want to experience. don't take them if youre feeling all anxious before you take them. try and get yourself excited, because its a great time. maybe check back and post your experience, whatever you do.. hope you have a good trip :smoke:

15. Wow man I can't thank you enough for that vivid and precise story and trip report you've convinced me to try to the acid by my self now. Plus rep man. I definatly will get back to everyone with a trip report.

16. This is true.

I think acid is 10x better in my opinion, it's more mellow and "stable" I guess you could say than shrooms in my experience...but the experience is enlightening all the same. If you've never tripped i'd say take a low dose of shrooms over acid purely because acid has a fairly large time commitment.

17. I like shrooms a lot better, it is a much cleaner high than acid is. Great visuals too, it's like a sit back and drink some beer kinda drug.....well it ws for me, but it's been 10 years.

18. #18 elevatedgaze, Feb 4, 2009
    I still don't think you should drop it by yourself. especially for your first time. Don't do it. Wait until you've done it a couple times with others and you will get comfortable with different situations.

19. ^Actually man, I think he will be fine. Note to OP though.. Have someone who could just drive over and calm ya down if you call him that night just to be safe. I tripped on a half eighth of shrooms my first trip, and had a great time while by myself. My buddy did come over half way through the trip, but it was more fun to me when I was by myself. I was actually hallucinating harder.

20. OK so Ive done shrooms numerous times before. Problem with lsd for me is that I have heard it can change you. I am all for doing it but not so much for have a life changing trip. Is that true?