Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

acetone vs weed particles.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by smokeyjays420, Aug 3, 2011.

1. haha thanks for all the great advice.. "you're a moron" and "you're going to die" are some pretty good pointers coming from the bottom of your hearts. really helps solve my problem...

if you have no contribution towards a solution, dont contribute

2. Wow, seems like a lot of people on here are paranoid as fuck. Seriously.

I've been using acetone to clean my glass for a few months, since even hot alcohol and salt doesn't do shit for my glass, even if I let it soak whatever.

Acetone will work fine. You can do it inside, but make sure your area is ventilated well. I always rinse my pieces 5-6 times afterwards with hot and cold water, then let it dry completely before using at all. Acetone will also evaporate even if you were an idiot and just left it in your glass, in a few hours/days there'd be nothing left whatsoever.

Just be smart about it OP. You sound like you've got functioning brain cells so ignore those in this thread who don't. Peace.

3. Yo im starting to think this kid is trolling. Its obvious because he ignores the real answers but whenever he replies to its always in a negative fashion.

So, noone feed the troll.

4. I personally almost died from overdosing on acetone, if you're telling me acetone has no negative effects, I will gladly let you continue slowly killing yourself, rather than fret about your apparently petty mind.

5. No offense, but from the posts I've read you posted, you don't sound like the brightest bulb in the set......

If you're almost dying from acetone at some point in your life, stay the fuck away from it. Just because other people don't do what you did, doesn't mean they shouldn't attempt to do what you didn't do....follow me?

Excuse me while I go eat some sugar and microwave my food, cuz I'm pretty sure that's gonna kill me first. You've made your point, why don't you move off this thread? Like your gonna change the ops mind? You haven't contributed shit to this thread but warning about brain damage, which you apparently seem to have from an acetone overdose? Who'd take advice from you? Seriously.

6. Cleaning glass bongs and metal pipes I recommend straight rubbing alcohol. (I will have to try the sea salt! never tried that before!) Remember that it's flammable so no flames or sparks while cleaning. I have also boiled my metal pipe in a pot of water before to loosen some hard to reach resin. Plastic bongs will crack with alcohol and extra hot water will melt them so not sure other than what I used to do which was soap, water and a long handled brush and rinse! :)
    I think the discussion on acytone is already been chewed on enough.

7. YOU Sir, are attacking me for spreading well conceived warning of death and damage from a chemical used in industrial products. Fine. I'm not going to have a "Who's-the-biggest-asshole-competition".

You accusing me of having a lowered competence or cognitive ability due to my experience is insulting especially due to the fact I am only trying to help. At least I have the ability to learn from my mistakes with substances. You are here insulting me showing what true personality you possess. I will not stand to be talked to down to for looking out for another blades, excuse me another HUMANS life, if you wish to argue and insult another blade, be my guest. You have particularly shown your immaturity in your inability to remain decent. I feel pity for someone such as yourself.

How dare you, sir. You should feel so low.

8. Who'd take his advice? Anyone with a brain that would like to keep that brain.

Like ol boy said, acetone causes brain damage.used to be Coke addicts dont tell others it causes brain damage and a hole in your nose if it didn't actually do so.

So smoke pot, who would listen to you? A dumbfuck

Edit: lol sorry guys i hadda reply to the other troll in this thread. But lets let the op use acetone. Obviously we arent going to stop him. Hey OP, i heard that first you drink the acetone first then piss it ouand use it. Doing so will prevent the strong toxic acetone from breaking your bong.

9. QUOTED FOR TRUTH!

A lot of misinformation in this thread regarding the use of acetone to clean glass.

Guess nobody here ever took an organic chemistry class in college? Well chemists use acetone to clean their precision glasswear because it is an excellent organic solvent (resin anyone??) and leaves NO residue after it evaporates. It is also great for drying glass that has water left in it since it evaporates so much faster. We had wash bottles full of acetone at each sink area.

Regarding cleaning YOUR glasswear with acetone, just use your head. The fumes are harsh, so wash in a well ventilated area and avoid being directly above the area you are washing since the fumes will travel upwards. Wear gloves if you have to but it won't kill you if you get a little on your skin, just wash it off promptly.

I'd say that acetone cleans resin off glass at least 3X better than regular 91% iso alcohol. Just pour some in there and lightly agitate before covering any holes as the acetone will generate some "pressure" initially. After that go ahead and cover the holes and go to town shaking your piece. Pour it out, and rinse with hot water. You can even add a little soap if you want and shake it and rinse, but rinsing the acetone away will leave zero residue.

Your pipe will not be "tainted" with acetone. Some people have no idea what they are talking about..

10. Exactly. See what a college education gets you? Experience without brain damage. Well said. Peace.

11. Do chemist sit there with there fucking lips on the test tube for hours? No they don't, is it really that hard to put down the Acetone and pick up 99 cent isoprohpyl alcohol? Shit, go ahead and use Acetone, use the whole fucking jug. Natural selection boyz.

12. No they don't but what part of leaving no residue don't you understand? What are you so afraid of? Why would chemists use it if it left a residue? Because it would contaminate their experiments. Well it doesn't leave a residue and that's especially why they use it. It is what it is. I'm telling you 2+2=4 and you are telling me 2+2=5.

Like said before, you could leave straight acetone in your pipe for a few days and let it evaporate completely and have no acetone residue left. On top of it, I choose to do a hot water rinse with a little soap added for good measure. What you are left with is nothing but a clean ass pipe.

The only way you are going to get sick off of it from your pipe, is if you smoked out of it still wet with fresh acetone. And i'd love to see someone try that one. You'd set yourself on fire before you'd even start gagging on the fumes.

13. True that just use isopropyl alcohol and salt much safer and you just have to wash it out pretty good and let it dry and your all good that or could use paper clip or kebab sticks but i can't even tell what that was in the pic so it might not be reachable.

Edit:nevermind its perc right paperclips wouldn't work

14. Since you are responding to my post, you obviously read it. I stated "tainted piece" but I was referring to a specific situation that someone gave up with acetone, had a acetone soaked piece of weed inside and tried to light a bowl, about 12 hours after. That man died. Obviously you have precautions to avoid something like that. But, not everyone is "in the know" and may not be aware acetone will kill you.

15. Acetone is perfectly fine to use... just make sure it's pure and that you rinse afterwards.

16. sounds like i'll be pouring acetone into my pipe. thank you for all of the knowledgeable contributions & to the retards as well.

17. #37 SoCali, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Good, don't let the fear brought on by ignorance influence you in any way. If people knew half a fuckin thing about the chemicals they preach against they wouldn't be so vague

18. Yeah my bad sort of as I somewhat glossed over a lot of the posts in the first couple pages. Didn't mean to single you out man, the word tainted just caught my eye. But in that context I can totally see the danger in that. Acetone-soaked resin or weed is never a good thing to even try to smoke. That's why I always follow with a hot water soapy rinse; it's pretty much dummy proof doing it that way. Doesn't leave a trace of acetone behind.

19. Eh, the acetone isn't gonna kill anyone, just like ISO isn't gonna kill anyone. Unless you fill your bong with one or the other and light it, then there may be some explosive consequences. Personally, though, for my perc pieces i microwave some 91% iso and it seems to eat shit off without even shaking it. Other pieces i can shake around ill use salt/iso. so ill just stick with what i know works. Btw, i dont wait months to clean my pieces either, so they're never completely caked with nasty shit.

20. I think all of u fail to see the purpose of the thread. I'm no novice, I know how to clean and care for glass.....my shit sparkles. I just want to know how to dissolve/flush the particles out bc so far anyones method has far from worked. Involving water flushing /overflow....way to banter back and forth about health issues instead