Ace Seeds Tropical Mix, leaves standing up

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by CaribbeanGrowr, Jun 27, 2012.

1. hey blades! need help solving a mistery.

I currently have an outdoor grow going on and one of the seedlings stay erect(standing straight up) all day and all night. what in your experience is going on here? it's been really hot lately, so ive sprayed them with water lightly a few times this week while out in the sun (they love it otherwise)

Attached Files:

2. That soil doesn't look very airy,

also, its not good watering practice to spray the tops of the soil with water because that's not doing any of the roots in the middle or bottom of the medium any good. Each time you water you want to water thoroughly, so that residual water comes out of the bottom of your container. It's okay if there's a lot, just as long as you wait until the soil is dry again before rewatering, you can test this by simply sticking your finger a few inches into the soil and seeing if its moist, if not water.

The roots want to grow down into the container and make use of all their available space, so you should try getting some water down there too. :wave:

3. I water thoroughly, I had just recently put a tiny bit of worm castings on the top and it kind of slurried on the surface as the water went down, so i added a bit more and smoothed it out with my fingers. true to your observation though, it isnt quite up to par in the aeration yet, when it dries out it has a nice consistency and doesnt mud brick. any advice on what the plant might be doing though since it always points to the heavens? is this normal?