Accused of shoplifting tonight...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Ayron, Nov 19, 2011.

1. I was accused of stealing a birthday card about a week ago, like wtf? Pretty sure the lady didn't even work there. Guess that comes with being a younger man.

2. [​IMG]

3. yea i worked at a department store that had a lose pervention(LP) agent who could legally aprehend someone but he was the only one. if anyone else even tried to hold someone they would prob lose their job and might even get arrested lol

4. You're kidding me, right?

So by "they", you specifically meant "security guards", even though the person who stopped the OP wasn't a security guard?

You're grasping at straws. No one listen to this person. Read up on how to handle shoplifters if you work retail.

5. Or use common sense, Your call.

6. Must have been an embarrassing experience for the both of you.

7. [​IMG]

8. Forgive and forget man, simple as that

9. Apu, Shut the fuck up. You're wrong anyway you slice it

10. gotta flex ur rights, unless they actually caught u they cant detain or search u . keeping u around to talk is detention

11. [​IMG]

12. Hey Brother Ayron!
    Sorry to hear about the bad experience! As you probably know, filing a complaint against the bitch who accused you is still an option. Also, Apu is a professional Troll in the forums here at GC! As you can see, he has insulted you and 2 or three of your thread posters, seems to be an expert in every catagory known to man, (last time I saw his BS he was spouting off about coding and the underground Internet and how he was so "hooked up" with secret knowledge.) Here in your thread he seems to be a retail security expert? Amazing stuff for a teenager who still lives at home using Mommy and Daddy's Internet connection to be a professional pain in the ass! Anyway dude, I hope you are enjoying that Private Stock and I'll see you soon Bro!

13. I called this morning and complained to the manager and he agreed with me that that was not how that should of been handled. He apologized a lot and kept telling me this wont fall of deaf ears and he asked what time i came in, what i was wearing, and i even told him what aisle i went down haha ,and he said hes gonna review the tapes and asked for my contact information. The main reason i stayed as calm as i was cause i was taken aback and kinda upset about the situation and i wanted to be cool about it cause i planned in calling the store and complaining and its gonna work in my favor that i kept cool and used nice language instead of causing a huge scene

14. you tell that bitches manager and get her fired honestly. How did she grab the bag out of your hand did she physically touch you as im pretty sure there not aloud to do this?

15. Awesome, maybe you'll get a settlement.:hello:

16. Dam good job on keeping your cool. The things that would happen if she snatched a bag out my hands. :)

17. Very good call man, cool, calm and collected earns you greater respect in the end. Had you become agitated and raged a bit when she confronted you it would not have been so easy to report back to the store in such a good light. I would have just explained to the manager that im a Publix regular and this lady was the 1st person you'd ever encountered to make your shopping trip less enjoyable.

Maybe you'll get hooked up with a Publix gift card for the holidays:D

18. So knowing something about everything equals troll? I sure do not use that definition and except for the one neg rep from the guy to scared to say anything. I got a lot of green out of this so I am fairly sure I am right :)