Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

According to the DEA, Marijuana will never have medical use.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Buttery, Feb 12, 2011.

1. #1 Buttery, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2011
    I had the strong urge to see some bullshit so I went to the DEA's homepage.

Check these two links out, first is about the title and the second has just heaps and heaps of bullshit.

Exposing the Myth of Smoked Medical Marijuana

DEA Briefs & Background, Drugs and Drug Abuse, Drug Descriptions, Marijuana

Post up some of the info you find on there tons of different links and shit.

And I also found it funny all the pictures of bud they have are the most terrible shwag looking shit you'll ever see.

"Like tobacco smokers, marijuana smokers experience serious health problems such as bronchitis, emphysema, and bronchial asthma. Extended use may cause suppression of the immune system. Because marijuana contains toxins and carcinogens, marijuana smokers increase their risk of cancer of the head, neck, lungs and respiratory track. Withdrawal from chronic use of high doses of marijuana causes physical signs including headache, shakiness, sweating, stomach pains and nausea, as well as behavioral signs including restlessness, irritability, sleep difficulties and decreased appetite."

2. Lol my favorite part of every marijuana info page they have is that "1 joint is as bad as a pack of cigarettes." It is taken out of context, and comes from a study on the lung function of cigarette smokers, and cannabis smokers. Funny cause lung function is related to tar buildup, not carcinogens. http://chestjournal.chestpubs.org/content/78/5/699.full.pdf heres the study if you want to check it out. The numbers they get aren't even really based in the study, just in little side notes on other research they have done.

3. Wow, what bullshit lmao. It's blatant lies like these that make me pissed.

4. Remember though, our man made pills will cure everything and all with no side effects.

5. Ohhh yeaaa. Accoriding to the DEA at least. Who wants natural medicine for the good of the world when you can make money off of dangerous synthetics!

6. Haha exactly. I don't know how people would choose pills>weed if it's for their condition/problem. Here take this depression pill, but it may make you more depressed, suicidal, and 9 other various ailment that come with it, but it's safe. Quite honestly, i avoid pills like they're the devil. I Don't trust what they do and hwo they're made...call me paranoid but thats me :D lol.

7. This surprises you? :confused:

8. You're not the only one, believe me. I have serious anxiety, have had it all my life and many doctors have tried to prescribe me pills for it, not gonna happen. :cool:

9. [SIZE=-1]Marijuana affects many skills required for safe driving: alertness, the ability to concentrate, coordination, and reaction time. These effects can last up to 24 hours after smoking marijuana. Marijuana use can make it difficult to judge distances and react to signals and signs on the road.

damn, i thought i was high for about 3-4 hours. i want whatever they're smoking that gets them high for 24hrs! :eek:

[/SIZE]

10. They also think marijuana is worse than coke. So....

11. To be honest, I never that that the lies would be to this extent. I mean some of this is just not even close to believable? :confused_2:

12. Medical Marijuana..

/thread

13. your not the only one, i stay clear from all pills, honestly the side effects from anti- depressants are worse then the actual depression, AND most of the pills they give out for depression dont even work and can make you suicidal, or more depressed.

14. This makes no sense...

15. Oh good to know there's people that think that to :D. Stay strong my man :cool:.

16. Woooahh i thought i was one of the very few thaat thought this lol. Good to know buddy :hello:!

17. [SIZE=-1]Q. Does marijuana harm anyone besides the individual who smokes it?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Consider the public safety of others when confronted with intoxicated drug users:

according to this statement all drugs should be illegal then including alcohol,because as we all know alcohol is an intoxicant.
    [/SIZE]

18. People should stop hating on pills. Plenty of people have been helped tremendously by SSRIs and other prescription medication. Suicidal thoughts are a possible side effect, and this is known. It isn't denied, you go and contact your doctor and they take you off at your request. Pills and other forms of medication are prescribed because they can have therapeutic applications. Cannabis is no cure-all medicine for everybody.

19. Never said it was a cure-all i just don't trust pills in general. If it's messing with my brain chemistry then it can just stay out of my system :). They're generally just studied to see if they get the effect they want and if it does they push them out to the public, regardless of the "minor" side effects.

20. "According to the National Institutes of Health, studies show that someone who smokes five joints per week may be taking in as many cancer-causing chemicals as someone who smokes a full pack of cigarettes every day."

Fuck bullshit propaganda. I've never heard of "medical cigarettes" because they're fucking terrible for you in every way. Maybe if the government didn't lie to its citizens we wouldn't have a half million people every year die from cigarettes. Let's not mention though that no one has ever died from cannabis yet it has been proven an effective medicine. Man this is why I hate our government. All they give a shit about is profit, even if it comes at the dispense of thousands of lives lost each day.:mad: