Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Accidentally Melted Chocolate Edible. Possible Potency Change?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by srg717, Jun 3, 2013.

  1. A quick google searched showed up nothing, so I figured I'd ask here.
    Long story short, I'm an idiot and melted my single serving dispensery bought chocolate edible (33.67 mg / 1.1 cdb) on top of my over heated computer. Luckily it was sealed in it's own little plastic bag and re-solidified after a while in the fridge, so I wont have to drink melted chocolate. I know THC burns away at a certain temp and the chocolate was being heated by my computer for about 2 hours. I planned on taking it tomorrow before a flight home- Would there be potency change / have I completely ruined it? I intend on eating it regardless, I'm mostly just curious of the effect.

  2. I think it should be fine! I can't say for sure but just using my logic, your computer would be nowhere near as hot as an oven. (thc needs to be heated up to about 350 degrees F to even be activated) The potency should be the same.
  3. I doubt you'll have any loss at all
    I didn't think a computer could reach 350 and burn away the THC. Glad to know someone else agrees! Thanks! 

Share This Page