Accidentally Cut/broke The Top Off Seedling

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MGman12, May 8, 2014.

1. 2 weeks ago I planted, seed was doing great and in a small cup, while transplanting I broke the top off and I am left with a stock and the two leaves shaped like tear drops. Any chance this will continue to grow and branch out or is it toast?

2. Might, need picture

3. ok, give me a few minutes

4. #4 MGman12, May 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014
    This is what it looked like prior,
      IMG_20140503_0529071.jpg

Now,

IMG_20140508_0813291.jpg

Any chance this will grow and branch?

5. Lol she's dead. How in the hell did u manage to do that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Im a noobie myself with 1 complete grow (single plant under 300wat cfls)

But couldn't u use the top u broke off in some root tonic and make a clone, could be completely wrong but just an idea

7. She isnt growing again, you should plan for another grow.

8. Nice Icon bro where you from? grew up in Boston (thats Y I know nothing about gardening my yard was the size of a fuckin postage stamp!) No expert but she looks too Small to survive that kinda mishap....and it's easy when adjusting lights and such if you're not careful. I did it once but it just temp bent the top.  Good luck bro let us know if she makes it.

9. Next time that happens utilize a small band of duct tape to repair. Then leave it alone.

10. #10 MGman12, May 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014
    I figured as much so, I have ten more going strong so I'll scrap that.

I have heard of taping, but I am new to this and didn't want to attempt on something a mm thick.

I've grown up all over New England. Took part in some small projects in Maine but this is my first time solo and indoors. Outdoors seemed to have a whole lot less headaches.

I could have done this, but i'm not setup for clones yet so it would have sat under 2 400W MH and probably burnt up before taking root.