Accidentally bought a hydro setup.. What to do?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by GrowQs, Jun 28, 2020.

1. So I bought out a grower mostly for the lights but it all came with a ridiculous amount of Hydro stuff that I have no idea what to do with..

I got like 20-30 totes with holes cut in the lids, more baskets than you can shake a stick at, monstrous air pumps with manifolds (make teas,lol), stupid amount of airstones, a whole tote full of those round moonrock looking rock things (like 40#), a CO2 setup with tank and stuff, a RO setup thing with a barrel, too many bottles of nutes/chems whatever they are, some meters, an ebb flow table thing I don't know how to work, timers galore, a nice aerocloner, all sorts of crazy shit..

What do I do with all this stuff? Where do I even begin to try out one or 2 totes just for the heck of it?
    "Deep water culture" setups I think?

Just the lights are worth what I payed..
    Got 5 1k and 2 600 setups complete with everything..
    Made me an offer I couldn't refuse..

But about all this hydro stuff.. What do?

2. Rig it up, fill it with nutes and put some plants in it. Hydros a doddle mate. You just follow the number on the ppm meter.
    If it's going up you add more water.
    If it's going down you add more nutes.
    Just follow the number on the magic stick like a monkey and it's pretty hard to go wrong.
    Do 2 -4 buckets max per meter.
    How bugs your space?

• Like Like x 4
  3. I have a monstrous space available too but I don't want to run ALL of this stuff, no way..
    Kinda wanna stay legal you know..
    Just had to buy it..

Have some more clones popping as I type though..

I think I'll take some pics and maybe you guys can tell me something about what I have gotten myself into..

4. Pics....

Attached Files:

5. Well the first thing to do is pack that co2 kit away. Be at least a few grows before you know enough to be able to use that without ruining your crop.
    Then you need to find an "rdwc" grower to help you set it up. Hit the search bar for that and you'll find some threads on what goes where.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Agree DWC is easy as fuck dude. Id setup x amount of buckets as you want get it circulating without leaks, hang the lights and pop them clones in.

• Like Like x 1
  7. How about 2 totes, 2 plants per tote, under a single 1k to start?

Are these nutes worth a crap?
    Guess I still need a ppm meter.. Have a PH meter though.. Well water here is like the best in the world so probably won't use the RO..

You think this is Rdwc stuff?
    I didn't get a water pump with it..

8. Thats awesome dude. I would sort it out and clean it with a mild bleach solution. I'm growing in two hydro buckets now, and I would say just start slow. Some of it you may not need or use. Start with the basics. Light, air, water. Do you have seeds yet?

9. How many plants can you grow legally?

10. 12 plants legal
    Have clones..

Probably going to sell off most of this stuff... Too much for me..

11. Yeah I was gonna say part it out if you can. If the lights are worth the investment then you did good.

• Like Like x 1
  12. $750 for everything? eh?

13. What brand are the lights?are they Led, hps, cfl??

14. 5 1k HIDs and, 2 600 HIDs split off of one 1k ballast.. Some extra bulbs.. Mostly HPS..
    4 big raptor? hoods and 3 smaller hoods..
    4 mag ballasts and 2 digital..
    ducting, but only 1 8" duct fan with variable speed..

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Do you a full room or do you use a grow tent?

16. Full rooms in the winter, outside in the summer.. Couple/few locations..
    No tents ever..

17. Next year I'm doing outdoor for sure. I have a tent. I dont have much extra room.

18. Since I have all these General Hydroponic nutes, can I just follow this chart.. https://gh.growgh.com/docs/Feedcharts/GH_FloraSeries-REC_03216am.pdf

Just put like 2 airstones per tote, add the nute water, and turn it on?

Do you really have to change the water all the time or just keep adding nutes to keep the PPM in the desired range with a meter?

Just use some clear-rez in it like I do my cloner? And maybe experiment with something like great white or mycos or whatever later on?

19. Yeah I change my nutes every week if I can. I flush when I can as well. Just follow the feeding schedule and you'll learn as you go. Dont give seedlings nutes. They will grow with water light and air. Add nutes later. Rooting hormone like rapidstart or anything like it makes a huge difference. Roots will fill the whole bucket. Good luck.