Accidental reveg

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Tactical Angel, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Alright, so I've read a lot on this topic. I've heard some people just say 'chop em' and others that say to ride it out. So basically I'm trying to see which side of the line I fall on. Here's my situation:

So I have a flower room with two 600W HPS. Everything was going swimmingly until my flower room surge protector burnt out. I replaced it, but when I did do, I accidentally depressed 4 ticks. So my lights were coming on for an hour in the middle of their dark period. This went on for 3 days, maybe 4, until I happened to be home one day and fixed it.

I'll post pictures after, but basically it's obvious that they went back into veg. But the buds still look pretty good. There are 7 plants in the room, 3 different harvest times throughout.

My one indica was a week or two from harvest when this happened, the others were further away from harvest.

So what are your opinions?! Should I let them resume budding and just add a week or two to the flowering? Has anyone done this with success?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think it's affected the plants that were early in budding more... but they also have more time to recover. Do you think that 4 or 5 weeks will be enough to thicken up those airy buds?

3. it's hard to say what will happen exactly. You have a very good chance of getting some banana flowers mixed in. As far along as they are I would try to ride them out, especially the older one.
    If they start to grow shoots and put out rounded leaves or 3 blades leaves right out of the tops then that probably means they got reverted to veg and might stall for a while. good luck :)

4. Thanks for the reply. I haven't seen any nanners so far. I've read about some people using this as a technique and calling it monstercropping, but no one seems to like this technique much lol I'll keep posting updates as it goes a lot. No one has seemed to document this too much, so I figure I'll ride it out. That way someone else won't have to if it turns out terrible. It's also kind of a great experiment, because I have plants at all different times in flowering. I'm really hoping the dense up and just make massive colas lol but I imagine that's a tad optimistic

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stay as you are

use you 30x glass to tell you when you harvest

whites Ok but a mix of amber and white is better

so OK it takes another week or so you'll be fine!

but hey thanks for the reminder I did the same pushing some clicks down the other day

I'll fix that now cheers

6. Haha glad my eff up could help!

I have a 60x scope that works pretty well. I'm still not seeing any amber. My mind was kinda pondering this the other night. My plants obviously went back into a sort of veg growth. So, when they go back into flower, will they start bud production from week 1? Or will they resume from where they left off. I would assume the ladder since I am not seeing any signs of excessive stretch again. They've maybe growing a couple inches from the reveg, but nothing else.... so I do think that they resume from where they left off. If they began from week 1 again, wouldn't they stretch again?

I'm sure this is an extreme oversimplification, but with my lack of knowledge on this specific subject, all I can do is surmise and wonder lol

7. be careful you are thinking like a human

plants ain't human ...lol

I fuck with my timer at least once per year

maybe like you its just in the right position to fuck me and the plants around

in extreme cases when this happens 2 choices exist

1: to continue as per 'normal' your current schedule

2: instant blackout for 24 hours, that I have used and recommend for more serious cases

see the plants as confused maybe a little stressed

hence return to normal as quick as possible

as these babes are far along in bud a little herming is no biggy

unless you intend to breed from them this time around??

good luck

• Like Like x 2
  8. I should have done the 24 hrs dark, but didn't learn about it in time. I should have just thought about that anyways, but oh well. At this point I'm looking at it as more of an experiment to see how they develop. Especially since I have plants at different stages. I'm hoping the next guy to do this will find my thread and either know to keep them, or to just chop em. So I'll stick it out and snap some pics. Worst case I'll just have a shitty harvest. I'll still pull 5-6 oz which will last me until my next harvest. Not stressing too much about it.

• Like Like x 2
  9. On some buds it's looks to have helped them. I have giant colas developing on one plant. They're just fluffy right now. If they manage to dense up, they'll be giant :))

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hi,

Literally had the same problem around the same stage as you had. knocked one pin when a timber blew about 7 days ago and noticed the re veg today.

I've caught it early, never happened to me before and just curious how did the quality turn out? Did your yield in the end go down or end up ok?

Also mainly the time it was re vegging did that end up adding on to the harvest time? Think light pin was knocked for 4-6 days and the new tops and leafs are same stage as yours. So add 7-11 days?

Would really appreicate any feedback you can give me with what happened as cant find any good info anywhere! been looking for hours.

11. How did urs end up?just caught mine doing same thing,about 5 weeks into flower started growing single blade leaves at top of buds(I've put it down to my heater controller temp screen)..not sure where I should go from here

• Like Like x 1
  12. @Tool213 just do the best you can to fix the issue and finish them out asap, focus on the next crop, don't get hung up on this one. I've seen people try to spend 2 extra months finishing up plants that got revegged and still ended up with less then they originally would have. Those 2 months could have been spent flowering out the next round of crops.

lol in other words...here's a great quote I heard - 'We kill virgins, try not to get emotionally involved.'

13. #13 ElGato420, Sep 6, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    I had to reveg for 2 weeks because i had aphids.
    The plant grew bigger, and then went back to flower after a couple weeks.
    It now has an odd menthol smell.
    The existing buds matured during veg but also grew.
    However, it's a weird kinda high.
    Not worth all the time spent...