Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Acceptance to Heaven

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by suuure, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Okay i've been reading these religon threads and it has got me going. Don't you guys think that as long as you try to live a morally correct life and are good to a fellow brother you would deserve to go to "Heaven" or whatever your believe. I don't see how religous people hate on athiests who live a happy , peaceful life while all they do is sin-repent and say they deserve a spot in heaven. Like i'm not saying religon is bad or not true just seems like religons can be a little arrogent towards opposite beliefs and seem to have caused many wars in times before us. Shit sorry i'm just rambling i'd like to hear your guys thoughts on this topic .

EDIT: it's hard to put my thoughts into words so i did my best

2. Depending on what doctrine one follows , not following their particular god would be considered a sin or morally wrong. Also some believe their moral guidelines is the best , so when an atheist or a person from a another interpretation follows a different moral guideline , they would be immoral.

Many moderates however. like Catholics from my understanding as one myself is that as long as your intent is good , then you should go to heaven. What is "good" is questionable though and imo takes away the core value of following the catholic doctrine if that's the case.

3. I just wanted to point out a few things OP. When you said that atheist lead a happy life, I've actually noticed more often than not that someone like myself, a Christian tend to be alot more happier than an atheist. And maybe it's only GC but it's always an atheist knocking someone down and starting shit. But that's just what I've noticed

4. I can't see anywhere where he mention anything about atheism and your point is irrelevant ,unproven and arrogant to think you can simply measure someone's level of happiness through reading some threads in a forum is flabbergasting. I can go on about how it's simply not the case that atheists are somehow more miserable then theists, but to keep the thread more focused I will not elaborate , unless there is a separate thread.

5. According to Christianity, if you don't believe in a man in the sky with 0 evidence of him ever existing, you will be damned to hell for all eternity...by a LOVING god.

Logic.

6. Doing good things alone isnt all there is to it...its also about shedding away the ego. Believing in God is like believing in something higher than your own ego.

7. [quote name='"jayfoxpox"']

I can't see anywhere where he mention anything about atheism and your point is irrelevant ,unproven and arrogant to think you can simply measure someone's level of happiness through reading some threads in a forum is flabbergasting. I can go on about how it's simply not the case that atheists are somehow more miserable then theists, but to keep the thread more focused I will not elaborate , unless there is a separate thread.[/quote]

Haha, he does mention atheism in the OP, and I've noticed that not only with GC but with life as well. I'm not saying ones happier for sure, but that's what it seems like. Like I said in my other post, seems like.

8. Alright I'll admit that he did mention atheist, but I really don't understand the relevance of your response ,when his statement doesn't imply all atheist ,just the atheists the fit the condition he proposed. This comparing of who's happier is a red-herring really.

9. [quote name='"jayfoxpox"']Alright I'll admit that he did mention atheist, but I really don't understand the relevance of your response ,when his statement doesn't imply all atheist ,just the atheists the fit the condition he proposed. This comparing of who's happier is a red-herring really.[/quote]

You're right, it does go both ways. And I just wanted to point out some stuff that I noticed that may be common misconceptions.

10. A very broad statement.. But this thread was more about how people in religon tend to think theirs is right above all others and it's kinda a arrogant thing and how people who live a morally correct life should go to heaven. This wasn't comparing the happiness in religon vs. atheist people. But ty for reading and responding .

11. Haha sounds like a very jealous God if you ask me . But again that's just the Christian interpretation of God. There were many religons in the past that believed differently just their interpretation.

12. If he is all knowing and all powerful , then he's a very selective god and a very sadistic one at that . Or he's incompotent .

13. #13 suuure, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2012
    There's plenty of people who don't believe in God or practice religon for other reasons then ego.. Espically many people on the religon factor it has caused and will cause many wars. Believing in your religon can be a form of ego thinking you are right over everyone else. And that you want a spot in heaven because you can't get over the fact that your soul can die

14. The people who belong to organised religions (particularly christians) are misinformed and brainwashed. They only have to look into history to realise that the doctrines of their religion are shaped primarily to control people and perpetuate the power of the clergy, as opposed to living a "good life".

People who follow organised religion base their moral compass upon what someone tells them is right, rather than formulating a concept of right and wrong based upon their own experiences in the world. This, I believe, makes them weak and unintelligent sheep.

15. Even without the religion , isn't forming your own idea of a personal God exposed to many human biases like self-serving bias and wishful thinking? I'm being earnest here , because that's what I did after I stopped being a catholic.

16. Scumbag Theist

Criticizes a group for knocking people down and starting shit

by being the first to knock them down and start shit.

17. [quote name='"420neverforget"']
    Scumbag Theist

Criticizes a group for knocking people down and starting shit

by being the first to knock them down and start shit.[/quote]

I say this as a human, name calling is part why there is no peace on this earth. And second, haha dude, I wasn't starting anything at all. Just pointed put some stuff and I never knocked anyone down dude. Relax my friend.

18. Just because the kingdom of heaven lies within doesn't mean that you're aligned with God's bosom. Unenlightened people do not get to feel god's embrace. The godhead doesn't mollycoddle people - it holds a much stricter standard than just "be nice, sometimes."

I don't care if you're a good person. Being a "good person" (good = subjective btw) is not enough to get into heaven, assuming that heaven exists.

Unless you've actually done something worthy of entry into His divine realm, and you've aligned yourself with God, you won't be embraced into his bosom.

On the off-chance that these are the end days, do you think you've produced enough good with your life to be granted entry into God's bosom? Are you worthy of God's love or have you lived your life with ambivalence, sinfulness and indirectly causing more pain and suffering? Have you expunged your heathen soul and aligned your spirit with Him?

19. Are God's bosom's hard or soft?

20. When you say,

in a thread about a hypothetical scenario in which a happy atheist is already a given, it comes off as self-righteous like you are the shit because of what you believe.