Acadia National Park

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Joy-smile-laugh, Jan 20, 2017.

1. my gf lives in waldo county, just outside of camden, and it's absolutely beautiful up that way.. i love going up to see her and fishing mcgunticook lake and walking around camden and even belfast is a cool little town.. lots to do up there, summer can get hectic with tourists though..

2. so far the only moose i've seen was outside of the cabela's and the big one outside of the rest area in gardner.. :)

3. gotta go north. the most moose are up in northern aroostook county. saw 3 yesterday.

4. #44 lessthanjeezy, May 24, 2017
    Last edited: May 24, 2017
    Since you two seem to know the Maine area pretty well, what would be the best hiking spot for a proposal in Acadia National Park? I am looking for a nice peak with good view of the ocean and the forest. any suggestions are appreciated! As of right now, the two different ones I was thinking of would be either the peak of Gorham Mountain Trail or the top of North Bubble

5. never hiked it unfourtunitly but on the top of cadillac mtn. not far from the parking lot, theres a rocky outcropping to the south that has spectacular backdrop of the coast with some small islands. might want to check it out. great idea for a proposal! ;)

6. really there's only one worthwhile mountain within acadia; cadillac mountain.

sure the others are fine but if you've only got one day on MDI, do cadillac.

7. Thanks for the heads up, I was looking into Cadillac Mountain but seems like it will be one of the most crowded peaks, not sure if I want a huge crowd there while I do it...We will be in Bar Harbor for four nights and hiking in Acadia at least 3 of the days so will have a decent amount of time to explore the trails.

8. cadillac mtn. is big. go early in the morning and you should have it to yourself.

9. Thanks for the tip! I will have to try to get her out nice and early one day.

• Like Like x 1