Acadia National Park

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Joy-smile-laugh, Jan 20, 2017.

1. You are going to love it there, I visited only once and hiked the 3 or 4 days I was in Bar Harbor/Acadia, was going to do a night of camping that I was super excited for, but my X decided she wanted to smoke a little with me as the night was winding down and when we laid in our tent, a small animal, probably a raccoon or something started scratching at some trash that was accidentally left out and she FREAKED the fuck out thinking it must be a bear, and I had to pack everything up at 11 at night in the pitch black and drive to a hotel for the night. We ended up breaking up a year or two later, but I was so close to ending it that night haha, that was one silent car ride.

• Like Like x 2
  2. sunrise on cadillac mtn. is the bomb!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks! That should be easy considering my girls wake-up before the crack of dawn.

• Like Like x 1
  4. check your forecasts. if its gonna be foggy , stay in bed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. acadia is one of my favorite national parks. beautiful pink granite ledge, the coast is always beautiful. cadillac mountain can be driven up. i try to get there at least once a year, i prefer later in the year (october-november) because there's fewer tourists and theres fun to be had on the roads on mount desert island. i've raced up and down the mountain a few times. i'll see if i can find any pictures.

• Like Like x 1
  6. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i had some sunset pictures from summer time but couldn't find them, unfortunately. but sunrise/sunset is the best time to go up cadillac, the changing light really does a lot for the views.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I can only imagine.

8. Oh my gosh, thank you! I'm even more excited now!

9. much better in person!

• Like Like x 2
  10. lmao ain't no bears on mdi

11. I wasn't very specific, I can only imagine I'd be fucking mad as hell, having to pack up over a "bear" in the dark. About 16 years ago, my boyfriend, now my ex-husband, and I went hiking through a gorge. It was not for the faint of heart and the state park required a permit to do it. Well, he got tired of the hike, I'm the kind of person where it is in the journey of getting somewhere, he is the kind of person where it's all about making it to the destination. He said he wanted to "scale" the rock gorge horizontally so we could hurry up and get done. Evidently I was moving too slowly for him b/c this loud whistle blew and he said that the signal the water was being released from the damn and so we better hurry. I knew good and well that wasn't true, but I was already upset b/c what we were doing was very dangerous without any kind of equipment. So, I started having a panic attack. When we get to the end he took a picture of me and I was sitting on a rock mad as hell at what he just put me through, probably one of the maddest times I've ever been. He could have gotten me killed. What a jerk he was, it should have been a red flag, but oh well, live and learn.

• Like Like x 1
  12. #32 moose71, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    sounds like a winner.

13. hey! i got and idea! its been a few years since I've been there. would love to show you guys around! its only about a 4 hr. drive form me. my kids are grown now but i love kids and showing them new things. I'm big into the outdoors and love to hike and fish. i have all the fishing poles and tackle for a small army! just thought id throw that out there. totally up to you. i was in the Army for 4 years and miss traveling the country. hopefully going to change that soon.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm thinking the girls and I will be heading to Maine June26- July 1st. For logistical reasons I think we might do an airbnb. My car won't make that trip and back home. I could send my supplies or rent supplies. I think with things already being so chaotic, I won't find my usually enjoyment in planning l of that out. I'm

15. I'm thinking of staying at a lake front cabin in eastbrook Maine on Molasses pond right near Lyle Frost Wildlife Mgt area for 3-4 nights, maybe more.

16. Maybe there for 3-4 nights and then go further north for 3-4 nights.

17. sounds good! theres cabins to rent on shin pond outside of patten near the s. entrance to baxter if you want to check them out. or could just stay at campgrounds in the area. I've heard of molasses pond.

18. Enjoy! I think my girlfriend and I will actually be vacationing in Maine around the same time as you, going to be going the last week of June and also was looking at Airbnb's near Acadia, looks like there are a couple options around 200 bucks a night

19. Never thought of a trip up the east coast. but i remember a map showing maine has legal mj and im close to the florida keys. that would be a hell of a trip whenever i get that car.

20. yep. u.s rt1 starts in my hometown ft. kent, me and ends in key west! yes rec. weed is legal here. thats why Maines called Vacationland! the way life should be! ;)