AC water good for plants?

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by WeedBros, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Hey guys, i have a lot of AC water, the one that comes out of the unit because of condensation.
    Do you know if this water is good for the plants?
    I figure that it has no minerals, but i dont know...

Has anyone tried this?

2. Always wondered myself. Subbed for answer :)

3. ...i dont know... but i dont give anything to my plants i cant drink.. so... take a swig if you dont die its ok then?

4. I wondered this as well, because my dehumidifier produces buckets of water every day and in theory it should be clean minus whatever crap has built up inside the unit.

I think the best way to find out would be to test the PPM's and the PH with a reliable meter and then test the water on a different crop before trying it on your cannabis

5. Most quality ones have a filter and I have used the excess of mine for years in my terrariums. It's fine man - unless you have some chemicals in your air. Trust me bra-trust me.

6. I use my dehumidifier water all the time. I would check thorough and make sure the filter and all parts are mold free. I would think it would be the same with the ac. I have heard of guys doing that. I have checked the ppms out of the dehumidifier and its always 0.

7. Water in your de.humi is good for re use. AC I wouldnt do it.

8. AC's and Dehumidifiers both generate water by condensation, I see no reason why you couldn't use one over the other.

9. people pay big money for RO water
    you got it for free dude
    Bonus!
    should be about pH 7 and almost no ppm. Good stuff