AC Vs Fentilation Fans in grow room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by idontknow y, Jul 7, 2009.

1. I was thinking of setting up a grow room in a space that about 12ftwidth, 16ft lenght, 9ft height located in a small warehouse far from civilazation.. instead of using fentilation fans can I used my ac instead to keep the room temperature cool within 75 - 78 and have a regular fan to circulate the air movement in the room. Will this affect my production of bud at the end of the day considering that fentilation fans are made to bring fresh air to the grow room and to suck out hot air from your light to outside the grow room.

Thanks for all the professional advice in advance.

2. I will appreciate professional advice for me to yield the a great quality crop at the head of the day please prefessional advice need ASAP.

3. i know plenty of people who do that...and you will be fine...it wont effect it at all...

4. Thanks i really appreciate your advice..

5. Using AC would probably be a very nice idea with a couple of fans. Temperature control is probably one of the most important factors to controlling your grow area. Making sure you have stable temperatures can help your buds become more compact and stay healthy as well. If you're using CO2 though you may want to consider another alternative because it'd be a waste especially on such a large scale. Just my thoughts.

6. Please can you elaborate on how co2 could be such a waste using air condition..

7. Well if you use 24/7 AC and you release your CO2 your plants won't have the time to absorb the CO2 in the environment before it's filtered out and recirculated. Unless you have your AC on a timer and set the CO2 to release when the AC goes off you'll be wasting the mula on CO2 you could have used for somethin else in your grow.

There are ways of working around the CO2 and adding it into an AC environment but it all depends on what you're willing to do and what kind of scale your grow will be on.