Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ABV weed

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by chicken66, Jan 10, 2018.

1. long story short, i have about 2 ounces of ABV weed(weed that has been vaped) but i ALWAYS vape at 410°F so if i make edibles would they even have any effect at all? i read most people use lower temps and they make edibles with the vaped weed but i use 410°F so would it work for me?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Who knows unless you try. It's going to take a lot more to get a decent amount. Have you tried smoking it? If you smoke it, does it get you high? If not, it likely won't work that well for making edibles. Sometimes people roll joints with tobacco as filler. You can use the ABV for that in place of the tobacco.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. As Sneaky Snake said you just have to try it. Your AVB will have some potency, but no telling how much. You vaped at 410F, but for how long was the bud exposed to that temp? I think AVB still needs some decarb, maybe not 240F for 40 minutes, but I don't know how much shorter. Personally since it's so much plant material I would blast it and use the concentrate to cook with. An alternative would be to cook with butter and water in a crockpot and make cannabutter. Good luck.

4. Hey, I just want to chime in on this. Like the others have said, vaped weed will still have SOME potency but, expect to get a pretty poor yield from what ever method you use to reclaim the residual THC. It also depends what original potency was before you vaped it.
    Some people just smoke the abv (kinda stupid in my book, why didn't you just smoke it in the first place?)and get a harsh, lackluster buzz while others use it to make butter, cannabis infused oils (for cooking or edible capsules), ethanol tinctures,infused glycerin for e-juice, the list goes on. The benefit of using abv is that it's already decarbed so you don't need to do that step.
    I've mixed my abv (about 8 grams of mostly Lemon Kush and a small amount of Kief from my grinder) with just enough coconut oil to cover the weed and steeped it for about 2 hours at 150-170 degrees. After straining and discarding the plant material, I was able to make 7 small size capsules. I tokk 2 of them got a noticeable buzz for about 3 hours. Of course, your mileage may vary.
    Was it worth all the work? I think it was. I don't have dispensaries anywhere near me so, I have to be frugal.
    I say try it man, the only thing you'll lose is time.