Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

abv water flush tips

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by a1sock, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Hey, I have heard from a few places that you can get rid of a lot of the bad flavor that vaped bud has. Tried it once with a large amount of avb but did not change water every day and got mold. Dont know much about mold, just hoping to get some feedback and knowledge on how to avoid mold and make a better tasting avb edible, thanks guys

2. Idk about the water flushing... I've heard of water curing but i think that can only be done with somewhat fresh bud and doesn't work too well with fully cured older buds so it probably wont work with avb. The moisture can't penetrate the super dry bud quickly enough before mold starts growing. Plus water curing uses warm water (to keep the good stuff from breaking off and falling into the abyss) and that is just asking for mold. I guess if youre really bent on getting the taste out you could use hot water (not boiling, probably 150f or so) and steep it like tea for a while. You would lose some cannabinoids this way because of precipitation but you would also lose most of the flavonoids and tannins which cause the 'green' taste.
    But personally i use a method similar to bks' coconut oil and then bake that into brownies and they taste amazing. Honestly i like them better than normal brownies, but there is not much of a difference if you use a very chocolatey recipe. I use this one http://www.food.com/recipe/the-best-brownies-54225 but i add an extra 1/4 cup of cocoa powder (at least... I may or may not love chocolate lol). Avb can taste great if combined/masked with the right flavors

3. #3 puddleglum, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2015
    Tip: Don't do it.