Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ABV recipe question

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Chron Burgundy, Oct 18, 2015.

1. I've made a lot of edibles with regular bud or rosin chips, but I haven't tried ABV yet. I usually just make firecrackers since they're so easy, but I don't know how difference the potency will be with the ABV. I've looked all around for a thread but everyone uses tablespoons as their measurement. My question is that if .5g of rosin chips in an edible gets me high, will 1g of ABV be equally effective? Thanks

2. A lot depends on how you vape. I have seen places where they say you need 4 times as much AVB vs fresh herb.

In my experience, Firecrackers are a VERY inefficient use of your medicine.

3. What would you suggest then? I just like firecrackers because I can use a tiny amount of weed and have them ready in 20 minutes.

4. The easiest ABV edible is to simply put it in your mouth and eat it. This actually works, believe it or not. ;)

The second easiest is to grind it to a powder and add it to any recipe (such as brownies). I like to use between 3.5-7g (1/8-1/4oz) when I do this. Assuming 6g and 12 brownies to make the math easy, that's 0.5g of ABV per brownie.

1g of ABV should be a sufficient dose for just about anybody, I would think, but we all have higher or lower tolerance, so what's right for me might not be right for you.

Please keep in mind that ABV is not the same effect as fresh herb. You already vaped away most of the THC, so you won't get much psychedelic/mental effect. Rather, it is more of a sleepy/mellow/relaxing feeling. I like to use ABV edibles at the end of a day to dull the aches and pain and get a good night's sleep.

5. Yeah I see what you mean. I took it at 1pm and i've been couchlocked all day.

6. #6 FoorestGump, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
    Think I could get anything out of these? I think half of it in one batch might yield some effects. Idk.

Attached Files: