Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ABV Oil or Hash

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by cullenc7, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Hello Grasscity!

I will soon have about an oz of vaped bud. I usually vape my bud to a light brown color so I know their is still some potency left in my bud. I was just wondering what method I should do and if you guys had any input.

I could use bad kats recipe to make coconut oil
    or
    I could use QWISO hash recipe

What would you guys suggest?

Thanks! Happy smoking

2. If edibles are rare where you are from (never had any before i started making them myself) i'd go with the edibles.

I would probably go with the edibles anyway because i like them so much and because they produce a longer-lasting sensation for me.

3. I'd go with the edibles if I were you. The QWISO i've made with ABV has never been that great. It's never been great tasting and quite low quality. But having said that, it has always worked and been of smokable quality, but the edibles i've made with ABV have been so much better in the past.

4. Yeah that is what I figured. When I make the oil what temperature have you guys had good success with and for how long?

5. 220F for 1.5-2 hrs, just like badkat recommends. freeze in between heatings

6. I always cook my abv oils a little less.

7. that makes sense, it is abv and solvent extracted. how much time do go for?

8. #8 Chunkalunk, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2012
    You've already vaped it and extracted with solvent? Maybe it's time to consider throwing it away now. I'm all for that reduce, reuse and recycle attitude, but give the poor plant a break already.

Joking aside, you probably aren't going to get much more out of it (likely you'll get nothing from it). Besides, why make weak edibles? The fun of edibles, at least in my opinion, is that the effect can be waaay stronger (in a good way).

Depending on the quality of the herb, a solvent extraction (like QWISO) can be done several times. However each repeated extraction will be less potent and less desirable (it gets kinda gross) than its predecessor.

If you have already vaped prior to the first extraction*, it will be like starting out at the third repeat when it is already getting gross. You should definitely cook with it instead. But don't forget to at least double the amount of abv that the recipe calls for.

*just in case this made you consider what it made me consider:

What if I do just one washing, and then vape it?

Don't do this. Isopropyl alcohol is toxic. And according to Wikipedia just now, "Poisoning can occur from ingestion, inhalation, or absorption."