Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ABV method and has anyone tried Mark Jane Brownie MIX?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by lreyes66, May 11, 2012.

1. Ive always wanted to bake. But i can never seem to find someone to buy cheap ounce of schwagg.

And baking an ounce of dro is just not worth it.

But recently i picked up a Extreme Q vape and have been collecting abount of ABV drived up vape weed.

As i was searching youtube for ABV how-to's. I cam across Mary Jane Mix video. The creator claims you can make weed brownies with fewer amount of bud. So 1/8th bud would work with her mix, as suppose to a an ounce.

Can someone vouch for that?

I want to make ABV but i only have a pill bottle worth of it so i still have to collect some more.

2. If you havent tried this already I would just say if you dont want to throw an ounce in. Buy an 1/8 of dank and just put an eighth of all the ingredients in. Its a lower yeild but same if not better effect because youll use dank instead of schwag

3. Buy some cheap shake if you can, way better, either way grind it into powder like consistency.

4. Use your ABV and make an oil, following the guides contained in the CannaPharm, minus the step of decarboxylation (which has already taken place in your vaped material).

Making oil is the most crucial component when it comes to effective edibles, without it, you're left with variable and much weaker results at best, or worse, no results at all.

Cannabis glandular material is notoriously difficult for the body to absorb all on its own, even when activated, even when extracted and in the form of a gooey or tacky concentrate. Decarboxylation is just the first, of two crucial steps when making edibles.
    Activation is very important, but then facilitating absorption in oil, or another 'edible solvent', is the step which actually allows your body to absorb and deliver cannabinoids to the bloodstream, and put that potency to good use. :)

It's hard to judge the dose you'll need now where it will vary based on just how much the material was vaped.. normally when making a proper edible oil, you'd use a little less than you'd normally smoke or even vape, to produce a much more powerful, and longer-lasting experience (keeping in mind that the length of processing controls the effects based on the amount of conversion and degradation that takes place in the cannabinoids.. less processing for a more uplifting and cerebral effect, which can sometimes be a little mind-racy or overwhelming, and a longer period of gentle heat processing for more couch-lock and sedation as much of the remaining D9THC, converts into CBN and D8THC).

Edible cannabis can be more powerful than smoking or vaping the same material.. but only with the correct processing :)

Anyhow, in the case of pre-vaped material, to be on the safe side, I'd use two or so times the weight you'd usually vape in a session (or a full day if you're a regular or daily user), to account for the missing glandular material/weight.

So if you're going to make a pan of 9 brownies or doses, and you usually vape 0.5g per day, then instead of using around 4 grams (as you would with 'fresh'/decarbed-only herb), you'll want to use a little over 9g to make your oil.

Keep in mind, if you make your oil properly and you're using double the weight in material that is of 'varying or unknown potency', you should start with only a half-brownie or less (potentially instead making 9 x 2 = 18, or more total doses)... they may still be more powerful than you'd think!

Some folks report that they can still get away with using the same amount or less than they'd usually smoke or vape, when making oil with their pre-vaped herb, and others, who may presumably vape a bit longer, or at higher temps, have reported that it takes using their oil at a rate as much as triple the weight per dose, to get them where they need to be.

Hope this helps and that, like a flashback in 'Lost', it doesn't pose more questions than it answers! (thanks Simpson's) :p :)