Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ABV brownies?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by needtogethigh, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Looking for some advice on using ABV bud for brownies. I'm saving all of my ABV from my Da Buddha.

How much ABV is needed for a batch of brownies using a box mix? Is the best method to simmer the ABV in the oil then strain the oil and add it to the mix?

2. A gram of ABV, once weighed a bit more before it was vaped.. and there's a good portion of active glandular material left, when you haven't fully combusted.

So generally, most people find that they don't need to increase their dose by very much at all, unless they've vaped their herb to the point of being an overly-dark brown. It may take a recipe or two, to get you to the ideal dose for a single brownie.. you may end up needing two, or you may end up only needing half of one! To start, try using a little more per dose than you'd normally need when vaping. Eat half a brownie/dose, wait 40 minutes and see how you feel, before eating more.

Remember, processing is crucial.. if under-processed, you will be disappointed with the correct dose, and need much more. The stickies have a wide array of processing methods, from 'worst-case-scenario' edibles, and quickie-oils with reduced potency and bioavailabiltiy, to medical grade oils for extracting the most potency and promoting the most bioavailability possible.

Cannabis glandular material is notoriously difficult for the body to absorb, even if decarbed. You will still need to process as usual, and make either an oil or tincture.

Hope this helps. :)