Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ABV and Extra virgin olive oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Fredbear, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Its 22% fat I have done it before at 320 for 20 min But I was wondering since

Ive been seeing all these threads about eating ABV raw.

Do you still need to heat the oil and ABV

I always let it soak overnight anyway

I know it'll strain easier hot

anyone?

2. just to get one thing straight, if the label on the back says "Total fat - 22%", that means one serving of the oil contains 22% of your recomended daily intake of fat, not that actually purity of fat. It it's olive oil, it's 100% fat because oil is fat.

3. I'm probably giving you bad info, but I think you can put the abv/oil mix in a dark brown glass bottle and put it away for a month or so and it works similar to the heating method. It does seem, however, that some people will heat up the mixture right before straining...I might be confusing glycerin tincture with cannaoil...Don't mind me, I just make it up as I go.:p

p.s. i don't know much about edibles, but i do like to eat! don't heat olive oil too high or too long. you'll ruin its integrity. stick to a fat with a higher smoking point. that much is true! :D