Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Absorption rate

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by LoneGardener, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Hey all!

I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to slow down the rate of absorption?

I know adding lecithin to my capsules helps with the uptake.

I'd like it if I could make my dose at nite last longer? I get a good 4-6 hrs but would like it if it was more 6-8 hrs

Right now I'm taking it at night to help with my sleep and arthritis. My capsules are around 120mg of RSO with lecithin and coconut oil.

I tried upping the dose but it didn't last any longer and i just wind up waking up in a sweat.

anyone have any suggestions?

cheers!

2. Change oil. Coconut is the fastest to hit. Switch to a slower to digest fat like Bacon Fat or straight Lard.
    My wife always has a container of saved bacon renderings she cooks with so nabbing a tablespoon of it isn't a problem.
    For me it takes Lard about 2.5 hours to really get cranking and it lasted longer on the far end IME.
    Was a bit of bacon flavored burbs from it but hey it's Bacon .

Back when I started using this stuff I sampled just about every oil from Avocado to Safflower and most of what is in between. Lard was among the slowest to hit but longest lasting.

My 2 cents.
    BNW

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thanks BNW!

I just happen to have both bacon and lard!

I'll def try both.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  4. Should I ditch the lethicin?

Just lard and RSO?

Thanks!

5. A few things that might help:

If falling asleep isn't a problem, but staying asleep is, then taking the sleep medicine right at bedtime will make it last as long as possible.

If both falling asleep and staying asleep are problems, then using some sublingual tincture 30 min before bedtime, and your edible dose at bedtime might work.

The opposite strategy of taking a bit of sublingual tincture when waking early might be able to get you back to sleep.

The body can develop tolerance to individual strains, so rotating among 3+ different strains can help.

Strain is very important.
    My experience is that some strains can add 1/2 to 1 hour more sleep than other strains.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for the tips!

For me its not falling asleep, i can fall asleep anytime, anywhere. Its staying asleep once the pain and stiffness kicks back in!

I'm going to try new strains once this batch of RSO is done and my next grow is done too.

Cheers

7. Continue using lecithin as it increases both the intensity and duration in my experience.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  8. Eat something before taking

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1