Absolutely Appalled

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by tenacity2986, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Ive been growing a white widow from seed now for about 2.5 weeks. Its only an inch tall and about 2 inches wide. Why is it growing so fucking slow?! Its been really hot but i got temps down now to mid to lower 80's. Humiidity is at 35%.

I started a blueberry 3 days ago and its already growing ALOT faster than the white widow. Any suspecting aggregates causing this atrocity?

2. lets see if we can sort out the problem

1. hydro, soilless or Soil & brand name of soil ?
    2. PH of reservoir solution?
    3. PH soil runoff?
    4. PH of water?
    5. Age of plants?
    6. What Fertilizer, dosages, and frequency?
    7. lites, wattage & proximity to plants
    8. Light cycle. 24/0,, 18/6,, 12/12?
    9. In light cycle how long?
    10. Room temps & Humidity or reservoir temps

3. 1) Foxfarms ocean forest with a 50/50 mix with perlite.
    2) N/A
    3) Unknown but guaranteed analysis of around 6.4
    4) 7.0
    5) 2.5 weeks for widow. 3 days for blueberry.
    6) Nitrozyme used for seed starting and daily foliar feeding.
    7) 400 watt MH HID approximately 18" high
    8) 18/6
    9) 18 hours a day
    10) mid to upper 80's during days and low 70s at nights

Widow is yellowing and growing very slow. Leaves are warped and funny looking. New growth is more prosperous. Already on 4th node but only 1.5 inches tall. Seems like its going to be a bad mommy.

Bluberry is physically taller than widow and only on day 4 now. It is about 2 inches tall yet only growing first real set of leaves. This is 4 days from seed. So after sprouting about 2 days ago, it has already grown 2 inches. Extremely vigorous plant. Seems like its going to make a good mom.

My intentions are to have 2 very successful mothers take up all my closet space under a 400 watt. I will be needing 24 clones every 3 weeks from these 2 plants at some point down the road. Until than, need to make sure these mothers prosper. They are grown from feminized seeds.

4. Ni
    too soon for feeding this strain, & your going to find this WW girl has an eating disorder , so dont push the feed , she will just puke back on you:eek:

5. Just an additional curisousity. If i just feed plain water to both of them for a few weeks, will they start growing normally again??

6. plain water, that would be my suggestion

when I feed my plants, I have to skip the white widows and make thier own batch, and I seldom feed them

7. thanks ganja, ur superfluous advice is honored. I hope this widow makes it. I grew 8 of them before flawlessly. Shudda known that widow is fertilizer sensitive. Thanks mahn

8. I remember those 8

did you change ferts or are you maybe trying to push them harder this go-round