Absolutely All Natural

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by CaptainCannibal, Apr 26, 2009.

1. I'm starting my first grow very soon. I'm planning on going to my chosen spot tomorrow with a few bag seeds (the bud was absolutely exceptional, so i'm hoping for the best with these seeds.)

I'm, of course, very excited for my first time growing (growing anything, really). What I want to do, however, is to be able to just put these in the ground and allow mother nature to do the work for me. I'm not trying to be lazy, it's simply that I will be very, very busy this summer, and I just want to be able to have some bud.

Now, I know that you shouldn't just throw them in there and let it go crazy, but it's what I'm going to do. If it makes any veterans that are reading this and crying inside feel better, I'm planning on getting large scale and professional next season.

So, I'm going to go out there, put a couple in the ground, water them, and let them go. When I feel there was not enough precipitation to keep them happy, I'll go out and water them as needed. Other than that, I want to be able to have a completely natural grow here. '

Is this even possible first of all? I'm afraid they'll have issues or die early because I know mother nature simply can't do some things we can. Also, what store bought water would have an appropriate pH? Bottled water? Any water I can buy from a local home/gardening/hardware store? Also, this store carries soil, obviously. Is there any cheap soil I can use, or can I simply use the ground in the area I'm planting? (It's in a fairly dense patch of woods)

2. It is of course possible. I had tried growing like you propose when I was younger and had kids living at home. Unfortunately I had absolutely zero success...not even a male plant survived the wilds.

Hope your experience is better than mine.

3. You will only get out of it what you put into it.........GL.

4. Hmm, I see. Sounds a little grim.

Well, does anybody know the absolute minimum the plant needs for me to at least have a successful grow? I don't want anything extra. Nothing to try and change the plant or make it grow bigger, just the bare minimum here. I really won't be able to mix these things in to the soil and then go and change it once flowering starts, etc. etc. Like I said, I'll be extremely busy this summer, and it'll be difficult to keep up with my plant.

5. IMO you'll drastically increase your chances for success if you put out established sets. Grow your seed in solo cups hidden around where you can tend them. once the plants have a decent root system (about a month) put them out and let them fend for themselves.

Still a little risky, but I think you'll do much better in the long run. For fertilizer, try Osmokote. Long lasting and not likely to burn your plants. a good handful around each plant should do you all summer.

6. So you're saying,

Put the soil and the seeds in cups, let them grow out there, then transplant them in to the ground (or just put the whole cup in the ground?) and then add some more soil and let them go, correct?

7. #7 CaptainCannibal, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2009
    alright, hang on, how about this:

Get two plastic cups, put holes in the bottom and sides for drainage, and fill it with dirt or soil if I can get it (if i use regular dirt from the ground, where should i get it from? the area i'm actually planting is a dense patch of woods), then leave it outside in an area in my backyard (don't worry, it's free from sight.) then leave it until it gets nice and strong, then transplant to my wooded area. Would this work? One concern I have here is actually putting those cups in my backyard. I'd like to do this today or tomorrow, because the weather is supposed to be very warm all week. The problem is it's supposed to rain a lot this week, and these are just plastic cups with delicate plants in them. What should I do to keep them from drowning in the rain or blowing away from a storm?

One other thing, I have a shit ton of mulch here from when we got our lawn done. Could I mix this in with the soil when I put the seed in the cup?

EDIT: On the sides of our house is where the mulch is, because of the flowers growing. Underneath the mulch and the tarp is some really, really moist soil. I'm thinking its just manure or something, it's pretty nasty. Is this alright to use in the cup?