Absolute Newbie's Absolute First Time

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by gonejah17, Jul 22, 2007.

1. oops . . . . my bad

2. alright lets see. well I guess Ill start with the clone. Bought her at the store cuz she winked at me. Only $15!!!!! Ima get some more next time Im down that way. stores with clones are seemin fewer and far between lately. Here she is.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dope, huh??? lotsa pics I know but Im excited. She's a sativa strain called swazi??? she just looked so pretty I had to get her, even tho I prefer indicas. oh well. I have her LST'd as u can see. Not much point in growing from seed anymore looks like. lol. Anyway I can only legally have 6 plants so I have to decide what Im going to do. Thats one of the reasons Ive been so experimental with Legs, but shes looking pretty good too . . . . .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Legs is looking pretty nice. still has the one brown tip but . . . .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's Diva, looking very Diva-ish again. shes sprouting nice new growth, but the nodes are SOOOOO close to each other. is this bad??? I think I may WANT some more stretching actually. for a few of my plants. they're bouncing back tho huh????

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AND heres perky!!!! looking VERY green and VERY nice!!!!! im very excited about her. her new growth looks a little squared off tho. Maybe just in the process of fanning out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

heres SHORTY, overtaking Stunner a little in new growth. the little guys are a little yellow but not like the others got. Hopefully they'll be good. knock on wood. Ill transplant in a week or two? its been two weeks for these guys since they broke ground.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's Stunner. looking good right???? any comments???? Im pretty happy with the way they are looking. heres the whole setup.

[​IMG]

Had to crop it. Left to right this is Clone w Legs behind, Stunner, Diva, Shorty, and Perky.

Ive been thinking about converting the cabinet into a hydro setup, ebb and flow, with the res on the bottom feeding up into the top and coming back down. Im thinking all I need are two bins, a pump some hoses and nozzles, rockwool and those little "HYDRO STONES" not sure what they're called. the little pellets. and nutrients. thats all right??

anyway I got my pump . . .

[​IMG]

for $12.50

and Im thinking something like this . . .

[​IMG]

pump it up out of the res into the top where Ill have a similar bin filled with the pellets and with my little clones living in it. All lighted by the T5. And I have a nother shelf on top with that old 4 bulb T12 fixture I started with lighting it. I think this will be enough room to house 2 or 3 moms. So Im thinking Moms on very top shelf under T12 flouros (I guess in soil????), Clones in the Cab in the ebb and flow system. and then a continuous cycle of mature clones isolated off in the flower room, yeah??? think I can get clones budding every week??? Is that a possibility??? Im uber-excited. Only need to get a squirrel cage fan for the HPS room to set it up and see how hot it gets. Heres some setup pics.

[​IMG]

Had to pink this out but If u can imagine another bin up on the upper part of the cab, the res on the bottom will feed up through the shelf into the upper bin where the plants well be and drain back down through the shelf as well. yeah?????

[​IMG]

Heres the beat up old HPS ready to do its work. I got an idea for isolation but first have to get my squirrel cage blower. Anyone wanna just give me one lol????

SO thats it for now let me know whats going on with it. everythings looking good and I hope for a succesfull grow. I have some CRAZY ass Purple Kush but its out in my truck and Im too lazy to get it, but heres a pic of some banana hash. neone wants a pic of the purple kush let me know ill upload one. its phenominal!!!!!

[​IMG]

Pretty good hash. alright peeps updates soon. let me know whats good!!!

3. Nice setup. Clone looks mostly to fully sativa so that will take long to finish.

4. Yeah I spelled Vtec wrong kick me in the ass. Im too blazed off this OG. but thats all u got?? nice setup?? what do u think of the ebba nd flow????? gonna kick me a squirrel cage lol??? ps I see all the mispellings and shit but Im too cool to care lmao.

what do u mean a long time to finish??? slow grower??? I went back to Paramount today and stopped by the store and they had a DOPE ASS master kush clone growing. I wanted to get it but I had to work at the studio till 10 and the store closed at 8. ima go back in the morning and snag it maybe. I might have to ditch one of these seedlings tho I hate to. hmm hit me with something VTEC got any threads going?? no advice?? can I nute the clone now I have fox farm grow big.

5. hehe I hate to take out plants from the garden even if they are weak or sick.
    Yesterday I took one out and gave it to my girl as a little gift :)

6. Ha ha. What do you mean that's all I got? Gots to say? Or got from my LED'S? By the way, my LED thread is in my signature. I only got an OZ off of those three but, I was just pleased the lights worked at all. Now we work on making it better.

Bubble buckets are great. One day I will grow with them. I had an aeroponic cloner. It is cool and is pictured in the middle somewhere in my LED thread. If you are interested in bubble bucket growing may I recommend a book called Growing Marijuana Hydroponically by Hanns. I got my copy from Amazon.com

Yes by definition sativa plants take the longest for the buds to rippen. It could be from 9-14 weeks after seeing the buds already form, before they fully fill out and rippen. Conversely pure indicas will finish 35-60 days from onset of first buds.

7. yeah VTEC I was just kiddin with u, not about the LED just about the limited response to the pics and shit. Thought u might say more about the plants condition or the clone or something, just used to all ur info and shit. But I was only kiddin I appreciate all the input I can get.

I went and got some mylar cuz my plants are startin to really look like some plants now so I want to do what I can for them. And I got the basic materials Ill need for the ebb and flow. Not going to do bubble buckets, Im going to do ebb and flow for right now. And I went and got that master kush clone. SO now I have seven, but I think I can have 6 mature and 12 immature or something. Ill look more into it and take some pics when I get the mylar up. Ordering the squirrel cage fan tomorrow I think and that might be about all I need to almost have my grow room completed. maybe a larger res for the ebb and flow. pics tomorrow.

Ps PERKY IS EXPLODING WITH GROWTH!!!!

8. Is this a bump?????

9. alright heres an update. not gonna put too much text in this one. hmm lets see.

CHECK OUT PERKY

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She blew up. a little deformity on one leaf but damn!!!! think Im goin to make her a mother cuz she seems to have strong genes.

Oh I mylared up the spot check it out.

[​IMG]

I have the inside sides of the cab pretty much all mylared except the top, and a little bit of the back but most of the back is mylared as well. Then I have two walls of the flower room mylared. the other two walls are 1) the toilet and 2) soon to be my retractable black plastic wall. not sure if Ic an mylar those yeah???? maybe Ill put up some baracade like thing on the sides and mylar them I dont know Ill figure it out. more setup pics.

[​IMG]

this is a blurry shot of the HPS in the flower room before I put the mylar up. the two walls u can see is where there is mylar now about 5 feet up on both walls.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heres the clones, perky, and Diva sittin in the HPS. Check Perky out!!! Im getting the concensus that the HPS is better than my T5 for Veg even though it has the flower color temp is this correct??? is this because of lumen output??? oh btw Im thinking of rewiring my ballast to take MH bulbs during the Veg period is that a stupid Idea???

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heres Diva Lovin life.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ANd legs

[​IMG]

Stunner (above)

[​IMG]

and shorty. had shorty under a cfl for a day like I did perky but nothing seemed to happen. I was wondering if that might have helped with perky's amazing growth spurt. sure it would take more than a day but didnt want to waste the electricity.

[​IMG]

HEres the swazi clone. looking nice. not much growth.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the MK clone. looks like she might be a good bon sai mother????

A few questions. Ive been adding vinegar to my water to bring the ph down. it hasnt seemed to bother the plants but Im just wondering if this is good for a long term thing or only a quick fix for ph down. the water looks like this right now. keep in mind my plants seem healthy and perky in particular has grown in leaps and bounds.

[​IMG]

almost looks like straight vinegar but the vinegar im using is very dark and im only using a little bit per gallon of evaporated water. it brings the ph down to 6.5 and the plants seem cool. any comments???

and my other question is is it time to snart nuting??? I want to nute the clones right??? and maybe perky???? the others besides the two little ones??? lemme know Id appreciate any info anyone might have. here is a pic of the fertilzer I watered the MK clone Perky and Diva with 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of water this morning. a quarter teaspoon is so small I figured it couldnt possibly hurt. the reason I put in that ammount is I was told to start at a fourth strength what the bottle says and gradually increase.

[​IMG]

so theres the update. please reward my ups and downs and picture snaps and relentless typing and copying and pasting and uploading with some comments. hope to hear from u soon. heres a pic of some schwaggy herb I got from the store for 35 an eighth. figured Id smoked blunts for a few days but the shit just gives me a headache. almost ok for bongs tho. its a mix of the bottom of the bags of some low grade sativas I think. k peace.

[​IMG]

10. The plant in the last pic, looks like time to make another tie down if you're LSTing it, also, are you clipping the leaves or is it way stretched? Good luck!

11. no its a clone that was like that. Im goint to train it to be a bon sai mother which Im still learning about. it had a slight bend in it when I got it so Im letting it strengthen before I train it too severely. thanks for the advice!!!

12. Don't want it too strong or you'll break it when trying to bend it over. But with a bonsai, I have no clue what to do, just LST. GL.

13. Yeah im not LSTing the MK clone too extrememely. check out the SWAZI clone that one Im LSTing nice and low. but the MK clone isnt doin no limbo lol. I will train it a little but its still real flexible. Im doing bon sai with it. google it i think thats the way to go. get like 3 or 4 moms of different strains u like and u can keep them for years. real short like under a foot high.

14. well I think they're looking pretty good for what they went through.

can I get some love??

got the squirrel cage fan up now, anyone give a bleep lol???

15. looking nice bro. same with the bud you get, i need some ganj like that. I was wondering where the directions are on how to make that power supply thing for the fans, i read on another thread you knew how to and it was in your link. I have like 13 chargers and neither are of correct specs.

16. check my post #35 for pics of the PC PSU. Ill explain it briefly its really easy. THIS IS ONLY FOR MAKING A PC PSU RUN W/O MOBO. Not sure exactly what ur issues are, or whether or not this will resolve them.

to make the pc psu work w/o mobo is simple. Just look at the main cable that comes from the psu and is supposed to attach to the mobo. its like over an inch thick with tons of little wires going into a "rectangular plastic cap thing" - not sure what its called. find the green wire and look at the corresponding "end hole" in the "plastic cap". now take a wire (i used speaker wire cuz I had nothing else but I dont recommend it - comes out a lot) and stick one end in that end hole that corresponds to the green wire and stick the other end in any other end hole that corresponds to a black wire. there is such a hole RIGHT next to the green wire one. I BELIEVE YOU CAN USE ANY BLACK WIRE.

so basically u just jump the green wire to a black wire. I tried to get as detailed as I could with the explanation - its really easy tho.

after u read this check the pics on post 35. u should be able to understand. wire from the "green" hole to any "black" hole. plug in the psu. thats it.

hope this helps

PS glad u like the herbalz . . . . heres some Banana OG Kush and some Purple Haze. Always wanted to smoke some Haze . . . .

heres the banana OG. Fuckin BOMB ASS!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

And heres the Purple Haze - Its blasphemy but I had to put it in a blunt. Grape blunt of course. I still got a gram tho and its all glass from here on out lol.
    [​IMG]

17. heres a quick update of the plants. I was there with the camera and it was almost dying so I had to take them quick. I have some pics of what looks like pistils on perky can anyone help???, first things first, heres all of them . . . . .

[​IMG]
    Can u guess which one is pErky??

[​IMG]
    Here she is again. Looking Pretty bushy huh?? here are some pics that Im hoping are showing her sex yeah???

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    can anyone help??? am I tripping or are those pistils starting to form??

[​IMG]
    Heres a quick shot of the twins, stunner on top shorty on the bottom

[​IMG]
    DIVA

[​IMG]
    MK clone

[​IMG]

Swazi clone with a leg shot for u pervs lol

and for some reason it wont let me post the pic of legs . hmmmmm

heres some ph down I got will this work or is it bad for the plants???

[​IMG]

k peace guys. BTW its much more enjoyable when ppl comment so if u have any advice or anything dont be shy lol.

Ill post more soon not sure y its not letting me post all my pics.

18. I see no sex on those plants.
    From what they tell me pool lowering pH should work. Do you know what type of acid is in that pH lowering stuff? It should contain citric acid, ammonium sulfate, urea phosphate or phosphoric acid. Any one of those I think would work.

19. u sure theres no pistils on those perky pics? Ill try to install photoshop and put some arrows cuz I know the pics suck but I think there might be some pistil beginnings. not the little shoots but under them. ill try to get some illustrations. long time no see vtec good to see u man. got any grows going?