absolute beginners trial & error experience

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by sparklebong, Dec 31, 2012.

1. You may very well be right however believe me when I say each grow you will get better and better. I can remember with exodus cheese I had nute problems all through veg and into the beginning of flowering where I got it sorted. This time around not only have I not had a single bit of nute burn but my plant is overall much more healthy and when considering a CFL grow around 100w I think it will yield ok considering.

I have decided that next week I am going to buy a 70w HPS floodlight for £20 and add that to the flower cab because well 70w should be easily to control in terms of heat and lumen output will be a huge improvement.

2. I have a sliding door and i keep it cracked with a fan blowing. No light gets thru at all.

3. Glad you are having a better experience the second time around! Ya there is a lot I will do different the next time I grow. I'm hoping someday I can grow a nice big plant. :) ah dreams.

4. Mine is a sliding door closet too! I did crack it. And since it's winter and it's dark outside like 20 hours of the day here I think as long as i have the room door shut and the lights off I won't get any leaks. f

5. when i first vaperized the top shelf meds
    discovered that vaping at 99 degrees f
    brought me off the flight deck
    without all even a sign of burn
    increased levels of 10 degree temp up
    yielded highs
    and highs so clean and cerebral
    angelic was the mind
    and winged the body

6. Holy shit. Flowering can take up to 3 months? At least I won't be using as much electricity. I've already started to consider putting cfl's in most of my lights here at home and maybe one or two led in places I use light the most. We've also been trying to turn off more things when we don't use them. That should help out the electricity bill. Bought some distilled water today. My little baby will be 3 weeks tomorrow. I will take a 3 week birthday picture. :,) time passes so fast. I remember when it was just a little seed. So proud of it! Just hope its a girl!! My fem seed is not doing as well. I am thinking of transplanting her. *fingers crossed*

7. Vaping? I'm not familiar with that. In fact, I have no clue what you just said (sorry!). Are you saying raise the temps to 90F??

8. I think hes talking about another form of ingestion. Using a vaporizer instead of smoking. I could be wrong though.

9. i want some of what he is smokeing lol :smoking:

10. Puff puff pass

11. If your fem seed is not suffering from being root bound or soil getting water logged due to retaining too much water then yes a transplant may help but if not your more likely to shock the plant thus causing more problems.

12. Each and everytime you grow you learn things both big and small. They say yields are more related to grower experience then strain and from some of the grows I have seen on here it really is true. I would deffo look into some of the lower power HPS lights (70w/100w etc) as they are not only cheap but pump out lumens and well HPS is what you need if your serious about yields. I think that having a few grows with CFLs is a good way to learn what you need for the future "big" grows

13. [quote name='"jmanuk"']

Each and everytime you grow you learn things both big and small. They say yields are more related to grower experience then strain and from some of the grows I have seen on here it really is true. I would deffo look into some of the lower power HPS lights (70w/100w etc) as they are not only cheap but pump out lumens and well HPS is what you need if your serious about yields. I think that having a few grows with CFLs is a good way to learn what you need for the future "big" grows[/quote]

I agree. Every grow is different for each person, and yield is definitely effected by what we do to them. A small hps would do u wonders.. everyone thought I was crazy vegging my plants under a 1000w mh.. but the results speak for themselves. U will not see better growth with a cfl over a hid imo...

14. Everytime I get one thing I get told to get something different! I'll try getting a 100w hps this weekend.

15. Next thing you know they'll be telling me to string up Christmas lights

16. The cfl's will work fine for u.. but a hid will show better results.. jus remember u can't listen to everyone.. cause everyone has their own preferences. Jus find what works for u and ur budget u will learn what works best for the best by hands on exp. .. jus remember u get what u pay for.. so cutting corners to save a buck isn't always the best option..

17. Thank you! There has been so much advise and I do appreciate it all but it can get overwhelming I only have 1 week to decide between organic and chemical nutes. I'm leaning towards organic though

18. Happy 3 week birthday plant! How does it look? A bit small to me but it seems healthy. I hope It's a girl!!
    ForumRunner_20130124_132058.png

ForumRunner_20130124_132112.png

19. They look nice!!

20. [quote name='"sparklebong"']

Thank you! There has been so much advise and I do appreciate it all but it can get overwhelming I only have 1 week to decide between organic and chemical nutes. I'm leaning towards organic though[/quote]

I've used synthetic on my plants in flower.. my autos I'm doin organic so I don't have any real hands on yet to give ya my opinion.. but I can say u will typically see larger plants with synthetic.. but since I started the autos on organic they really like it.