absolute beginners trial & error experience

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by sparklebong, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Is there a fan?

2. No, 55F is way too cold, around 75-80 is good. Strong roots grow strong stems. This is a seedling just have patience wait 2 weeks and start feeding...Read thru this thread losta good advice here on all the above....Uncle Ben's Gardening Tweeks and Pointers Your gonna need more lights. As someone said cfl's (6500k) for veg. Good luck.

3. Yes there is a fan.

4. Personally I would say don't upgrade to MG soil spend a little more (not a lot) and get some decent soil online or from your local grow shop. Good choice staying away from cardboard still I do think you should consider using a closet etc it is not like if you have inlet fans it will overheat. As long as you have air moving you should be fine. I highly doubt even if you took away the fans you wouldn't have any trouble with temps as heat is directly associated with wattage and how much is turned to heat and not light.

Basically CFLs you may run into heat problems and when in very small and enclosed places like a bedside cabinet when a. you have no inlet/outlet fans b. you have more then say 50w

Of course this is dependant on a lot of other factors but I don't think you are going to have any real heat issues.

5. Fox farm has great soil. I've used black gold as well.

6. [quote name='"sparklebong"']It's sprouted! Why does it lean like that?

[/quote]

It will also lean if its stretches to much.. jus add a lil soil around stem to compensate for stretching..

7. Planning on moving it into my spare closet February 1st!

8. Added my 72w cfl SAD light. Come on leaves! Get bigger!

9. [quote name='"sparklebong"']I've never grown before but always wanted to. This is my very first time growing. There are so many mixed reviews about every detail of growing weed. Sharing my experience, I'm not going for the most expensive equipment & I've had mixed reviews about that as well. I guess well see what happens!
    my setup:
    Metal shelving rack
    Mylar blanket "walls"
    24w LED
    13w Flourescent
    (Thinking of saving up for more LEDs when the plants get bigger)
    was using miracle gro moisture control but it caused my seedling to fall over
    (You were right whoever commented on my posts before! I guess It's works for some people but it didn't work for me)
    Will get seedling soil then upgrade to mg when the plants are ready
    Some "bag seeds" and 1 femenized seed otw.
    Fan inside my tent.
    Island the temp I'll need a thermometer I think

Some things I'm still trying to figure out
    *Watts I should be using for 1 plant
    *Humidity
    *Anything else I don't know I don't know[/quote]

So the led r single watt bulbs I'm assuming? Look on ebay.. u can get some very cheap hid and leds there.. I got my led for 130$ and its 180w.. also a 400w hid with bulbs and yoyos for 100 $.. for jus one plant if ur not planning on expanding.. the 400w is what I'd put my money on..

10. I have 125 w on it right now. I heard you only need 100 for one plant, but I can always add more. Instead of buying one big one I think I'd rather just keep adding so these don't go to waste.

11. [quote name='"sparklebong"']

I have 125 w on it right now. I heard you only need 100 for one plant, but I can always add more. Instead of buying one big one I think I'd rather just keep adding so these don't go to waste.[/quote]

I run 1000w on 4 plants.. lol.. so ya a lil extra light isn't gonna hurt.. if I were u I'd invest in a hid.. and use what u have for supplemental lighting. I'm sure the 125w will be ok for ur veg.. but ur gonna want something more powerful for flowering..

12. Thank you That's good to know! My electric bill has already gone up $20. :/ thinking of switching to 18/6 instead of 24/7 but idk if that will just stunt It's growth. What do you do to cut electricity costs?

13. That's jus my .2 $... hi, subbed btw.. I have a couple journals going with a lot of great info in them.. if u get some time I'd go through them. Also got some really knowledgeable people subbed so if u needed some questions answered plz don't b shy.

14. I run 18/6 for veg. It would help cut the cost down some.

15. [quote name='"CannibisNut"']I run 18/6 for veg. It would help cut the cost down some.[/quote]

I also did 18/6 I believe a plant needs to rest.. we all need our beauty sleep..

16. Im running 16/8

17. :smoke: I think I need to invest in a power strip with a timer. I don't think I could keep up with my plants lighting needs with my schedule.

18. I have the same.

19. U definitely need a timer!

20. Here is my 1st plant, she's growing tall :hello:

Attached Files: