Ab's schwag seeds in flowering

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Banana110, Apr 16, 2006.

1. woops one more

[​IMG]

2. If I were you, I would give it only water this time. I'd also probably leave them perhaps another week, from looking at the photos, but then I like a nice heavy buzz. In any case, I probably wouldn't give them ferts at this point. Give them a nice big dose of water and then you can cut them down whenever you feel...

She's looking really good!

3. Well, that's partly true.

A small amount of pollen can pollinate quite a lot of plants in a grow room, because it's such a confined space and there is usually a lot of air movement. Also, when a particular cola or part of a cola is pollinated the plant does put energy into growing the seeds, and the bud that the seeds are growing in is affected. But I don't think that getting a small amount of pollen on one bud negatively affects the quality of the rest of the plant though...

Basically, if you can get to your plant easily and you're sure you can get rid of almost all the pollen sacks before they burst, you should be okay keeping a hermie around. But still, it depends how many females you have - if you have a room full it's not worth risking them all for one hermie. A couple of pollen sacks can do a lot of damage!

• Like Like x 1
  4. or so ive seen. almost all the buds on this plant have one seed. i havent seen a bud with more than one yet. so the question is, since both plants i had in there were female and both showed male flowers late, does that mean any seeds are feminized????

by the way, watered a full gallon to my baby tonight with no nutes. i was hoping they would get more dense then they are now. the longer i let it go, the more i will harvest, right? or would the amount be so minor that it would be better to harvest the better high rather than the better weight?

5. Well, personally I like to leave the nugs on as long as possible. I like the heavy smoke anyway, and they do swell up more the longer you leave them. Not sure exactly how much extra you gain by leaving them that extra week, but if I had to guess I'd say something like 10 or 20%

I've never actually grown any seeds from hermie pollen, but yeah they should be feminised. If the hermie is a mutated female, then it will pass on only female genetics to it's pollen. Which is good...

As for the denseness of the buds, well there's not a lot you can do about that. Sometimes buds are just loose... you'll just have to wait and see.

6. well I only have booksmarts as the closest I got to a successful grow was a 12 incher outdoors b4 it got ripped by mexican workers . . . long story.

Anyways, that looks really good and it really is too bad you chopped that sativa/indica hybrid . .. could have been easily salvagable from what I've read. If your glands are 10 percent white, 90 percent cloudy like you say, then you should start getting ready for harvest and start draining the nutes as this will cure better I've read.

Just out of curiosity, I can't see quite cleary in your pic, but how tall is that indica? It looks like you grew some bonsai with those roots at the bottom poking out in an apealing formation.

7. its about 16 inches from the soil to the top of the main colas. i think theres 11 cola/bud sites, each being densly covered with six to nine inches down with buds. the pair of main cola branches are completely covered in dense bud, and theyre about 9 1/2 inches. i used LST from day one until about 3 weeks into flowering, along with constant fimming during veg.

having the roots show was actually an accident. when i was transplanting, i had too much dirt in the pot forcing the plant and its roots to sit like an inch higher than the rest of the soil. through erosion, the soil leveled and the roots all popped out and hardened like the stem. they also turned from a yellow to a green color. i was worried at first since a friend of mine told me his plants died cause the roots got exposed to lights.

as to the update: still watching the trichs. i think im gonna take arsefaces advice and let them go a bit longer. i just moved a 5 month old mother plant from the same bagseed into the flowering room. its already about 19 inches high. im just focusing all my energy on my little bubblegums:

[​IMG]

8. update: today is the first day of week 9 for my lady, and shes getting chopped this evening in about 5 hours. i gave her about 2 quarts of water last night with no nutes just to held her off for the night. ill post a few pics before i actually cut her down.

ive read conflicting reports about how to hang dry. some say hang the whole plant together, others say cut it up first then hang each cola. any feedback as to which is better?

9. id say hang each cola individually, i cant wait to hang these girls up!!!!!:p

Attached Files:

• 111.JPG
      111.JPG
      File size:
      94.9 KB
      Views:
  10. Hard to say which is 'better', but I always dry the entire plant.

The logic is this:

After the plant is chopped, it is still very much 'alive' for a few days in that all it's internal transport processes still work. The plant supposedly transports sugars, water and other nutrients from the leaves into the rest of the plant, particularly the buds (you can see this working, in that many of the leaves continue to turn a more yellow colour as they are dried, transferring their nutrients to the rest of the plant just like in the final stages of flowering).

Anyway, the idea is that drying the whole plant allows it to dry more slowly and produces better bud. I've never done a direct side-by-side comparrison but anyway - that's what I read when I first started and I've stuck with it since ;) If you have practical problems drying an entire plant in one place, then just go for the colas.

11. well it looks like you did good, Nice Job. I hope it taste as good as it looks. And next grow you will probably do better.

12. yes i must agree with ^^^^^^^ those are some nasty looking buds 4 sure:eek:

13. well, last night one bong hit led to another and next thing i know, its today lol. so im chopping it tonight, just waiting for my friends to get off work. heres some pics i just took. notice the one leaf with the yellow spots, is that cause i stopped nutes? or is that a spider mite thing? the underside of the leaf shows no disoloration.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. my leaves look the same way,, i did have a earlier bug infestation,

but i wiped them out, the plant is absorbing all the remaining nitrogen, in it. thats why the leaves are doing that, i wouldnt chop that plant, id let it bud some more. it looks so immature.

which method did you decide go with, hanging the whole plant, or just hanging each cut cola.????:)

15. Don't worry about it - the fan leaves always yellow in the later stages of flowering. The plant cannibalises Nitrogen from the leaves to build up the buds as the plant ripens. To be honest, your plant looks very green for it's age!

16. i agree with^^^^ thats why i say they look inmature... they just dont look ready for the blade..... id flower a lot longer!!!! arse , you started yor new grow yet??????,,, answer me on my own thread,,,,, down there````````...... ill be looking in a.s.:hello:

17. #37 Banana110, May 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2011
    whaddup folks

she is officially cut down. i decided to hang the whole plant at once, and i remember in rola's original thread, dier had posted this pic of a plant that had been trimmed but not chopped yet, and those pics motivated me to grow. so i did the same thing. heres the pics.

i probly shoulda taken more pics, but my trimming-mates all passed out on me by 11, so this was a solo job. i cut off one little bud that weighed .8 grams and im gonna quick dry and smoke it tomorrow night.

18. was that grown in your "grow box" in your sig?

19. yeah it was. i have a 5 month old plant that i just put in flowering now, and its out of room vertically so im gonna have to modify the ceiling on it tonight

20. Tell us what the weight is of that plant, those buds look very big. i dont know but it looks like you got over 5 ounces on that thing, haha i could be way off, im bad a judging, either way thats a lot of weed. Nice work.