Ab's schwag seeds in flowering

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Banana110, Apr 16, 2006.

1. whaddup gc. im starting to feel like im hoarding all these great pics of my plants, so i might as well post them up in a journal. that way you guys can tell me where im messing up. i got some seeds from schwag that sprouted on new years day, and now 2 of them are 30 days into flowering. theres a link to my grow room setup in my sig. heres what im using:

250W econo hps from insidesun
    soil is a mix of blood meal, bone meal, peat moss, perlite and soil in 3 gallon pots.
    seeds are schwag seeds
    using "superbloom" nutes made by green light that i got at lowes: 12-55-6
    feeding every watering (every 5 or 6 days) at 1/2 strength, plants loving it

my plants were definately getting stunted during veg by chopping off too many fan leaves and not having mylar up, but im learning as i go, cause this is my first grow. onto the pics of my indica. no name for her, i just refer to her as "the indica"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i had no idea schwag seeds would grow such awesome buds. i have to thank everybody on gc who taught me everything i know, or helped me find out things i didnt know. ill take some pics of my other plant and post them up in a bit.

--Ab

2. heres my other female, also from schwag seeds but definately shows sativa qualities. you can see how stunted this plant was during veg (was using MG nutes...stupid, stupid!). anyway, enjoy the pics. appriciate all feedback.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

--Ab

3. UPDATE:

day 35 of flowering. i took some pics today while watering the indica. i water each plant about 3 quarts, and today/yesterday i added hydgrogen peroxide for the first time, just to see how it goes. when should i stop giving nutes? heres some pics. about 10% (if even that) of the hairs on the indica have turned red, and none at all on the sativa. hit me back with some feedback :smoking:

indica:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sativa:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. real quick update, my sativa (now 35 days into flowering) has suddenly become a hermie. i cut it down and am just gonna make has with it instead. my guess is the changing light spectrums caused it from when i take the plants out of the growroom and water them in the bathtub.

5. those are excellent looking plants + Rep for the great looking budz!
    FLEX

6. wow those are NASTY! Loooks so good nice job.

7. Damn nice job for your first grow! keep it up. That sucks about the hermie though.

8. even worse news. my fabulous looking indica plant is also now a hermie. just spotted the male sacs last night.

question 1: i only saw sacs on one of the sidebrances. if i cut off that branch, could that stop it from spreading?

ive decided since im 41 days into flowering im just gonna flower it fully (and its my last plant).

question 2: i did a search and i read that hermie plants only produce hermie seeds, that true? could it be the schwag i got these seeds from have come from a hermie plant, and this was genetically predetermined? but why would it take so long to show the male flowers? ill post pics in an hour when the lights come on.

9. have you kept your plants in total darkness when lights are out? if not you could have stressed the plant out to the point of causing the hermie gene to kick in

10. i dont kno about growing at all but damn so u just picked up some reggies and used those seeds i had no idea it would produce better bud thought u would get regs again?

11. i was confident before growing that i would have success. the way i look at it, ALL marijuana is great. am i right?

now im not sure if maybe there was light creeping through during the 12 dark hours or not, but i do take the plants out every 4-5 days to water them in the bathtub. process takes like 20 minutes. could that have hermie'd this one?

pics soon

12. ok, well its draining out now. i see no new male flowers. so maybe those two i picked off yesterday were just a fluke? anyway, new pics. flowering began march 16th.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Well, genetics are important, but the way the plant is grown is critical. The fact is that there aren't a lot of bad genetics floating around these days - people who spend the time and money to grow weed (especially if they plant to sell it) tend to go for fairly good genetics. Schwag is usually just a grow that's gone wrong - nobody ever sets out to grow shit weed, and if a grow goes wrong it can still pass on the good genetics it inherited.

14. true as fact arse..... people don't set out to grow shit weed unless they are in MEXICO..... hahahaha sorry I had to throw that in there cause I live close to the boarder and we have something called Mexichronic and its $20 a half Oz. and its the worst crap I've ever smoked. Any who CONGRATS on your first grow it WILL prob be the best shit you ever smoked cause YOU grew it :cool:

15. for question 2, no, they don't produce only hermie seeds. they produce feminized seeds, because the male flowers on that plant have no real male genetics. down the road a few generations if the plants are forced to self-pollinate like this each time they will have more of a chance to become hermies, but there is hardly any difference the first or second generation. feminized seeds aren't such a bad thing... ;)

16. hey hero, thanks for the answer! shortly after posting that question, i was on the can reading the grower's bible and i read the same thing about hermies producing feminized seeds. now that i only have one flowering plant left, im thankful for that news. what if i had both of my plants in there as hermies, they could pollinate each other right? and that would screw up the feminized seed thing right? (im just trying to convince myself it was a good idea to kill the other one after 35 days of flowering).

17. I'm really not sure what would happen. Technically, there are no male genetics in either, but I don't know what would have happened with crossing two strains with self-pollinating male flowers. No idea... Sorry, bro.

Personally, I wouldn't have killed the first hermie. I probably would've just let it go or tried to cut off all of the male flowers if I didn't want the seeds... I would only ever really kill males, and even then I'd probably try to make some cannabutter out of them. I don't really like to waste anything. :p

18. well see i wasnt really fully educated at the time i cut it down, and im still not. it was my understanding that when a female is pollinated, it stops producing thc and starts focusing energy on the seeds. i didnt want that to happen to my (at the time) female. after i cut down the first hermie, i started to cut it apart and was thinking of drying what little bud was there, but again i was worried about the spread of that pollen into my other plant. i thought the general rule was "kill the hermies and the males." live and learn.

19. update:

today is week 8, day 1 of flowering. heres some pics. the trich's are about 10% clear/90% cloudy. im not sure if i should give some more nutes or not. i didnt last watering (about 5 days ago). i dont think im going to this time. i remember reading about how nutes at the end can leave a chemical taste in the mouth of the smoker. should i do a flush in the next few days?

and the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]