abovetheinfluence.com

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Weed_is_life, Mar 16, 2006.

1. I just sent them an e-mail, because I'm tired of their commercials influencing people to be against marijuana. I went on their website, and somewhere on there, you can view all the BS about them talking how marijuana is a bad and evil drug and you shouldn't do it. I can't stand places/people like this! They need to focus on something more serious, even drugs that have an average deathrate! I ask you to check out this site, try and find the facts on the confusing page so you can be angry like me (well that's not good, but it should help you rebel) and send them a non-violent e-mail. Thanks

FREEDOM TO ALL

2. I sent a email to freevibe once. All i got in return was their standard "thank you for your input blah blah blah....et cetera" After that I gave up sending emails. There's no point if they wont even read them.

3. i hate that shit.
    those fuckers will say anything and even lie to make pot seem like satan.
    ignorrant bastards.why the fuck is alchohol (whicyh causes more ddeaths and worse for the health) legal.it should be weed legal and alchohol illegal.
    sure i like gettin crunkd soetimes and catchin a buzz of some nice liqour but id rather have weed.
    alchohol causes broken homes,child abuse,drunk drivers killing people(driving high is much easier from what i heard) and health problems,so why the fuck is our system so stupid to keep it legal instead of pot.

4. ^many factors, but the main ones are ignorance and tradition. Why would a politician decide to be pro-legalization if he represents a people who do not know the truth? A true politician isn't supposed to be right or wrong--- he's supposed to represent what the people believe is right or wrong. unfortunately, the majority of this country believe smoking a little herb is a big WRONG.

5. most of those freevibe/abovetheinfluence fuckwits are chirstian and chirstians believe alcohol is ok (blood of chirst anyone?) but weed dehydrates your cells and fucks your body up...lol right and I'm jesus fuckin' chirst on a stick..

the same goes for mdma guys... 2 in 100,000..yes 2 a measly 2 people die from actual xtc on average and they only do so because their to fuckin' stupid to drink water or they're spooked into drinking way too much

either way lsd mushrooms xtc pot coke heroin meth and every other illicit drug out there combined has still caused less death and suffering then alcohol alone not to mention cigarettes

they know they're full of shit but hey why let people do safe drugs that expand the mind and break down walls when you can get people drunk stupid and happy to not question how badly their getting fucked up the ass by their government

6. I'm a Christian, I don't believe weed is bad. It's mentioned in the Bible, and not in a negative way. You have to learn that people who are judgemental about how others choose to live their life are not Christians. Jesus sad, "Let he who hath no sin, cast the first stone". If someone is not following what Jesus has said, then clearly they are not Christians, eh?

The people at Above the Influence are brainwashed into believing a lie and they propagate it. If you want to hurt them, take out ads on your own explaining the positive benfitis of hemp... Something I wish someone was able to do. :)

7. Dont blame a race, a creed, or ethnicity. Blame the idiots from that race, creed, or ethnicity.

My dad whom I spent very little time with once told me that racism is obnoxious. Every race has its idiots.

8. those ppl are conformists - and they are freaking out

they've had a good run for a few years and ppl are starting to get sick of it

just wait it out - most ppl don't pay attention to it anyways - they can't lie about it too much because most ppl know alot of ppl who smoke pot and are not retarded.

it's like being gay - everybody's got somebody gay in the family or a friend that is why they can't convince ppl gay ppl are evil - is a mother going to think that her gay son, or pot head daughter is evil or stupid??

9. All the anti-pot websites have a filter on their email. I believe it's called a Truth filter. They've also got one on their mail box. When a letter of truth comes in, three high-power torches light it ablaze before anyone reads it.

'Marijuana has some of the same cancer-causing substances as tobacco. One joint can deliver four times as much cancer-causing tar as one cigarette.'

Lol

10. i want to name my kid abovetheinfluence...

and beat him every day.

11. lol

people being pressured, date rape, od, and addiction are all social problems, not drug problems.

I got an idea: next time you see a self-proclaimed potzi walking down the street, crush him under your enormously flabby "stoner's spare"

12. Haha how come Ive never heard of a "stoners spare?" I eat junk food all the time and I aint fat. And I know alot of people when stoned would prefer a good home cooked meal instead of junk food..............damn now im hungry

13. I think it's funny that they're calling a "Beer Belly" a "Stoner's Spare". Heaven forbid they knock on Big Alcohol though, but I guess it's no suprise since a lot of anti-drug programs are directly tied to alcohol and tobacco companies.

14. everything from that freevibe quote is subjective..."might" is a subjective word, and all that is circumstantial and stereotypical.

i for one like to show people how i enjoy my pot, and still function and look like a normal individual. (not bragging, just my goal).

15. Most stoners do. Interestingly, I notice that if you look like a stoner, "closet" stoners (professionals who don't want people to know they smoke) will slip out hints that they like to smoke. Like these two people I work with who hardly know me didn't seem to have a problem talking about the "mellow party" they had last night (and this is in an office environment full of people).

16. lies fuck up people's lives, plain and simple. blame the morons are soooo close minded. because "god forbid" you question what your being told. above the influence is a new "hip" way to get the younger crowd into the "lie" game enforced on most of the world's people.

hey if someone from the goverment is using this site to find what where thinking, which i dont doubt, hope they read this "fucking grow up you dumb money grabbing desease of the world" thanks for reading :smoke:

-N-

17. I couldn't help but to check out this site. It's absolutely ridiculous, heres a segment from their marijuana fact sheet.

Research found that students with an average grade of “D” or below were more than four times as likely to have used marijuana in the past year as students who reported an average grade of “A.”<SUP>44</SUP> Students who have smoked marijuana within the past year are more than twice as likely to have cut class than those who did not smoke, while health problems associated with using marijuana can keep students from attending school due to illness.<SUP>45</SUP>

What bull shit.

And their little "mysthbusters" section... 6 out of the 8 myths have to do with marijuana. It's a little obvious that these people are targetting marijuana and marijuana only. Not nicotine, alchohol, cocaine, heroin, meth. This site is such a joke, they are DENYING that marijuana has many medical uses. It's a shedule I drug, bull shit.

But this is how it will stay, our country is run by the same people.

18. They get away with saying that shit for one reason:

Most people don't know that correlation is not causality.

It's probably true that Research found that students with an average grade of “D” or below were more than four times as likely to have used marijuana in the past year as students who reported an average grade of “A.”. But what they do is trick the reader: They let you assume, based on how it's worded, that there must be a correlation: Marijuana smoking makes your grades bad. It's heavily implied but NEVER ACTUALLY SAID. The reason is that any deeper study, or possibly the cited study, would indicate that for most people, bad grades come first, then drugs. I don't know a single fucking person who had good grades, smoked, then became a D student. Maybe someone out there has, but every smart person I know that smokes is doing fantastic. So while what they say might be statistically true, it's not the whole story.

19. Anyone in the City have any TV connections or anything? I bet you could raise enough money by asking for donations here via paypal or something.

20. oh my god, and i thought those other fuckers anti marijuana sites are bad, omg its so bad it wont let u paste the pure bs so u can show others how fucking bs it is! omg i never seen such bs in my life! man i would payem to kill this site and staff

Marijuana

Marijuana is illegal.

Smoking pot affects alertness, concentration, perception, coordination and reaction time, many of the skills required for safe driving and other tasks. These effects can last several hours after smoking.
    Source: Marijuana: Facts Parents Need to Know, Revised, NIDA, November 1998

Teens age 12 to 17 who regularly smoke marijuana were shown to be three times more likely than non-users to have suicidal thoughts.
    Source: Greenblatt, J. Adolescent self-reported behaviors and their association with marijuana use, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), 1998

Can you become addicted to marijuana? Actually, yes. More teens are in treatment with a primary diagnosis of marijuana dependence than for all other illicit drugs combined.
    Source: Treatment Episodes Data Set (TEDS) 1992-2002, SAMHSA, 2004

Marijuana has some of the same cancer-causing substances as tobacco. One joint can deliver four times as much cancer-causing tar as one cigarette.
    Source: Wu, TC et al. Pulmonary hazards of smoking marijuana as compared with tobacco. New England Journal of Medicine. 318(6):347-351, 1988.

omg this pure bs man!