About to throw out my beautiful Apix piece! pls help with cleaning

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Lucasdm1, Nov 18, 2017.

1. #1 Lucasdm1, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    Ive tried everything to get the buildup out of the unreachable parts of my piece (Inside the stemline, and the base..see pics.)
    Its not normal resin its literally a rock solid layer that's glued/crusted on.
    (its been there for a few years, Iso+salt never got that layer off)
    So far ive tried Iso and salt, Randys Black label, Orange Chronic, Bleach.., Oxyclean...Citrus Degreaser...EASY OFF oven cleaner for f's sake
    and nothing
    I've poured boiling water in it, i even placed on the stove in a pot of boiling water for a few minutes
    (this guys glass can take some heat, and some impacts i tell ya)
    So I need something that will either dissolve or totally eat up the build up. Maybe acetone or something even stronger? hopefully it wont get in the glass.

Now I wont even consider hitting this piece again UNLESS i can get every speck of residue out and let it evaporate for a week, after rinsing of course due to the nastiness of the stuff i used to try and clean it.

Attached Files:

2. How long did you soak in ISO for? Even my little glass vape pipe needed 24 hours in 99% before it sparkled again, and it wasn't even that bad. I did a lot of swishing too.

3. soaked it overnight in eazy off cleaner last night. ill try soaking it for a few days in 99% ISO if acetone doesnt do anything, cant hurt to try.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Swish the the liquid around every once if you can. Get that friction to work for you. It made a big difference than it just sitting there looking pretty. It was easy to do with my itty bitty glass tube.

5. Thanks, ill try some more but believe me this isnt normal resin. Itd be a shame to throw this piece out

6. Yea it isn't that severe. Just keep cleaning it thouroughly. I suck at cleaning though. Haha.

7. #7 forty winks, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    How about heating it externally?

I don't know much about bongs or whatever that this is tbh.

8. I wouldn't even worry about it, I'm never able to get my percs completely cleaned and they still have little to no taste when I take a test drag

9. i actually torched the bottom and it didnt do anything to it. got it super hot.
    then put rubbing alcohol and did the same thing to boil it inside my bong, and nothing :(

10. So ususally i wouldnt worry about, its just that i put so many chemicals in there, probably which got attached to the resin, if i cant get it completely clean i dont really wanna hit it again.

11. Do a last iso soak then rinse with lots of water and call it good :) lol

12. thanks appreciate the answers, ill see if it tastes like anything after a good rinse and letting it dry..Kinda ruins the experience knowing its been soaked in oven cleaner n not even clean though. im still hoping acetone can dissolve it lol.

13. Anyone know something that might work to dissolve it and safe on glass?

14. muriatic acid might work

take precautions

15. xylene or mineral spirits would probably take it off....but it would also dull any glass that it touches most likely. I say let it be! Nice peice btw

16. I've used acetone on a bong before. It got it clean and I just rinsed it for a long time.
    You're going to need to put some rock salt in there to have something to hit that spot when you shake it.
    Have you ever tried Tony's 420 cleaner? It works really well but ISO works just as well if you put rock salt in there and shake it frequently.

17. Thanks, n yeah ive been doing that i think its stuck there forever..im gonna try a few more things haha keep the suggestions coming.

18. thanks, at this point ill try about anything im ready to say bye bye to it i put fricken oven cleaner in there

19. Nah don't get rid of it, give a soap bath for like a day or 2 with new water every time you think about it and rinse a few times and all them chem's should be out.

20. Go to a sporting goods store or look at pistol (bore) cleaning brushes.

You could probably get one to bend enough to scrub the stuff off.