About to start, some questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Deviantlock, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Hello, it was decided that me and a few friends would start growing small indoor strains to cut down on the amount of $ we have been spending on pot. While I have studied many different guides, the one topic that I have yet to see discussed is the smell of marijuana. How noticeable is the smell of a marijuana plant when it is just starting to grow? At what point is it completely obvious it's pot? I was hoping to grow around 6 plants and get them to the sex stage, then remove males and such and clone the females. I still live with my parents and until I move out/find a different place I will be starting to grow them somewhere in the house, and my only fear is the smell.

2. No way you will get away with that. Don't grow in your parents' house. Wait until you have your own place.

3. Yeah dude its suicide to grow in your parents house, there's no way you'll get away with it.

do an outdoor grow or wait till you find your own place.

4. Yeah I will be moving out shortly just wanted to start now and move them when it's time..

On the other hand is it possible to just have them start growing and transfer it to outside at a later date? Will that kill the plant? Texas is currently freezing at night still so I am unsure of how to pull that off

5. I know from personal experience that the growing season in TXS starts in May so you don't really have all that long to wait (I mean come on, you have been buying weed for this long what will another 90 days hurt?).

6. Nothing really,I originally planned on growing outside but the last four attempts either died while growing or have been smashed to bits (hopefully an animal?) So I gave up on the matter, but hey I will try it again during may (plant germinated seeds during the 1st of may?) I guess I have some homework to read up on.. Cheers

7. On April 15 germinate your seeds in a 4" peat moss planter (http://www.mysimon.com/9015-10974_8-34293750.html) filled with Fox Farm Ocean Forrest soil. Then on May 1 plant them pot and all outside somewhere. You will likely want to improve the soil where you plant them, but the outdoor grow forum will probably contain hints for that.

In the mean time, smoke one for me, it is dry as shit here and harvest is still 6-8 weeks away :-(

8. Will do mate, thanks for that information

9. 6 plants in Texas...thats about 30 hard years!
    growing MJ requires attention, and attracts attention.....you're not ready....take a pass.

10. its very bad to grow in a parentshouse as stated in other post's you can lose your house blah blah blah well i cant convince you because i grow in my parents house an i have covered up the smell numerous grow's check out my first link in my signature it should help you with all your quesstions anything else feel free to ask