About to start my 2nd grow [advice valuable]

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Lumon, Jan 5, 2014.

1. #1 Lumon, Jan 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2014
    Hello guys and gals,

My first grow was about 8 months ago with 3 PP plants from seeds, but the budget was low and the knowledge as well so I was growing them in my room in northern europe (much longer days in spring and summer).

The plants were growing very well with green leaves and without extra care, I only added tomato fooding once in a while (see photo below).
    [​IMG]

Because of the lack of any dark space, the plants didn't produce any buds and I had to cut them because I was going to leave for a trip.

Now I am considering beginning with my 2nd grow (again indoor). I am thinking buying a grow tent the Secret Jardin DR60-II, measuring 60cm X 60cm X 160cm (23in X 23in X 63in). It's kinda small but my appartment is also small and I can't afford a bigger space for the time being.
    Plus, the only place that I can put my tent is in the kitchen beside the exhaust hood.

That's the only place that I think helps me to connect directly the carbon filter to the exhaust hood (see photo below) without the need to cut any window glass. Plus, it's always better the smells to go through the chimney out to the roof and not from the sides of the house (which is the second floor in a two storey house).
    [​IMG]

Do you think it will be OK to connect directly the carbon filter to the exhaust hood? I am renting and I don't think it's a good idea to cut any glass in any window. Plus, I think it will more easier give any weird hints to the neighbours.

I will be growing on CFL lamps and I think I can only grow one or two plants in that small tent, with the scrog method. I believe the scrog method to be superior cause it increases the horizontal space thus more buds can grow and on the other hand keeps the plant low in perfect distance from the lights.

Any suggestions for a newbie will be much appreciated!