About to start growing

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by maui wowie69, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Hey guys I'm about to start some plants and I got the basics down but I was wondering if anyone had any tips to get a healthier and danker grow. So anyone got anything? Lol

2. Well, assuming you have thought it through clearly, & found some things you needed to change, & then thought it through again, & have came up with a clear plan. I would suggest paying close attention to detail, we always focus on the obvious things like light, water & nutes, & sometimes even make things complicated by throwing this & that into the grow op because we heard good thing about it. Keep it simple as possible, remember your just growing a weed. Always keep your grow area as clean as possible / change your bulbs regularly / try not to go into the room as much as possible / water wisely, dont assume they need water because its hot or something, water when they show signs of being thursty / maintain clean & sufficient airflow / if you reusing plastic pots, clean them out after each use / use good quality dirt, when using nutes, less is better / use an organic bug spray when lights are off, stay ahead of the fight / dont try to cheap out on certain things, it'll end up costing you more in the long run, pay the little extra for the good stuff, I mean your going to be wanting some nice plants for your trouble right? / use clean water, store bought drinking water if you have a well, make a rain catch bucket & use some rain water now & then / rotate your pots under the light.

I know you have heard this again & again, but...once you get going, dont befriend anybody in the hydro store, I've heard guys sharing ideas while standing in line, dont be that guy, get your needs & maybe some tomato seeds & get the hell out.

Dont tell anybody about this, your girlfriend / wife, best friend, they might not mean to...or even realize, but they could reveal your little operation by casual conversation, sound crazy & unrealistic? theres some good people in jail that though the same thing.

Most of all, enjoy it & be safe

3. The last two paragraphs are key, trust no one I mean even if you are legal. I've heard stories of jealous gfs poring bleach and neighbors calling feds (not cops but feds) but if your hiding this from your wife you married the wrong person if you can't trust her with your life but that off topic ha

4. read read read.. no one is gonna tell you one tip to make it all dank and easy...

5. Thanks Davy jones, now I read this scientific experiment where they found that the amount of water and uv-b rays increase the thc amounts if you don't water it as much because the plant uses the trichomes to defend itself from the sun. Is this true